Helloooo, Puppy in the house!!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Rose55, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Rose55

Rose55 Registered Users

Never thought at 64, after raising my kids and almost finished raising two of my grandsons I would be helping to raise and train this precious, adorable chocolate now 8 week old male lab! But J.B. was given to my oldest grandson and he is so adorable even my older sister who does not like dogs at all insisted on holding him, and he lays at her feet when she sits on the couch!! Who knew?! We are training him to potty outside although he has used the potty pads a couple of times the first few days we got him. And he is bedding in a crate. When he gets over excited during play he goes to bed and goes very nicely, I must say. He already sits, stays, and comes on command almost all of the time. When he is outside to potty he might not always come right away, lol because he loves to stretch out in the grass, chew sticks and explore! J.B. has been pampered, as I am sure most of you have done with your puppies, with a goldmine in chew toys, balls, pull toys, etc. However, there are times when none of these seem to be enough for our adorable J.B. and he will head for the nearest table leg or carpet edge, or pant leg for chewing entertainment. This is our biggest dilemma and will be his greatest downfall no doubt! But we will continue to work diligently to help him overcome this issue. I am so glad I found this site and this forum. Best of luck to each of you and thank you in advance for all of your help and advice!

Saffy/isla and LAS like this.
  2. LAS

LAS Registered Users

Welcome .... your pup sounds lovely! My pup is now 5 months and I have found this forum incredibly helpful!

3. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

J.B. sounds lovely! You could try to rotate his toys so he doesn't get bored of them. Then when he chows down on your feet, you can give him a toy he hasn't seen for a few days.

4. Saffy/isla

Saffy/isla Registered Users

Hi and welcome from me and Isla 14 months

Have you tried giving him a frozen kong to chew on,we found this really useful to help with the chewing. Isla also chewed our table and chair legs!