Hi, and a bit of advice

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Paul Miller, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Registered Users

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2018
    drjs@5, edzbird, charlie and 2 others like this.
  2. Paul Miller

Well, nearly. So far this is all IvI' been able to do. Click on the http above. On the other hand, if someone can tell me how I get photos off my phone to the forum, that would be great.

3. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Lovely girl - very Labrador in her looks.

4. Lara

Lara Registered Users

What a pretty girl. A Labrador face but the characteristic white bit on the chest that both I think @charlie and my Pig have belying their pointer genes :)

charlie likes this.
  5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I edited your post to put the picture inline.

To upload photos directly, you need to become a forum supporter, which costs £10 per year. You will likely still need to use an app to resize them (I use one called "Image Size") as the forum software only allows files of up to 1MB to be uploaded. I just resize the pictures to a maximum width of 1024px and that's always more than plenty to get them within the correct file size.

6. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Very pretty girl :)

7. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Lovely girl, she does look more Lab x

8. Paul Miller

All the excellent IT info for photos is very much appreciated, but I feel it is beyond me at this moment, so I think I'll be enlisting my son's help again.
    Soph is a very good looking girl, but then every owner would say the same I'm sure. She is a bit of a celeb at our workshop and everyone falls for her cuteness and is soon playing with her instead of discussing the problems with their vehicles. She is my first real attempt to train a dog and we picked her because of her intelligence and the way she was inquisitive about everything. At work she investigates all new things and new noises. Apart from small brushes or being inspected, she has not shown fear of anything, even the first time she heard a gun go off, she showed little or no anxiety, though I did introduce her to the gun gradually, letting her inspect and sniff it and I made similar though less loud bangs with kitchen equipment etc before the first shot was fired. She knows to go straight to the office as soon as a vehicle starts up to move, yet will stand beside me whilst I tune an engine, somehow knowing that I am not going to move said vehicle. I am very proud of her (does it show?) and I feel because of her possible poor start in life, that she is a real star and my friend.

selina27 and SwampDonkey like this.
  9. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

@Paul Miller ,that's a lovely heartwarming post to read -- what a fantastic life you are able to give Sophie:)