Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Emma, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: Hi everyone!

Welcome Emma and Charlie. This forum is brilliant for just about anything to do with your puppy, just ask :)
    Ternaya and Harley (13 week old red fox lab) :)

2. Susan Jay

Susan Jay Registered Users

What a cutie! Have lots of fun - they're such characters at that age (and continue to be so)!

3. Emma

Emma Registered Users

Thanks everyone... Been a bit of a baptism of fire if I'm honest! Charlie has had a dicky tummy and we haven't made headway with the toileting so I'm finding that really hard. The housework hasn't got a look in and I'm now paying for the kids to have school dinners so I can do a quick tea whilst dealing with Charlie! My youngest 2 children (3 and 5) are not happy being too close to Charlie so we've had a few tears too :'( Eldest two children (6 and 8) are having fun though and loving playing with him. Thankfully in amongst all the chaos Charlie is showing his true character and is so gentle and affectionate. His bite inhibition is great and never closes his mouth unless it's a toy etc. Coats are his latest love and he loves trying to catch zips! He has a weird obsession with radiators however and barks and chews at the pipes...is this normal!?

4. Maggie68

Maggie68 Registered Users

Hi Emma, Im Maggie, and have a choccie lab, Otis who is seven months old. I wouldnt worry about the radiator thing, they do all sorts of quirky funny things. As far as his dodgy tummy goes, if he has diarreah, sorry cant spell it. You could give him plain boiled rice or pasta, and plain chicken breast, for a up to a couple of days, which will sort it. As regards the toilet tranining its blimin hard work, and I admire with your little brood of children and a young pup. Just keep putting him out as much as you can, about every 40 mins roughly, if you can manage it, and then just ignore and clean up, inside using a cleaner with no amonia in it, so something like washing up liquid. You may know this already, Im sure you do. Cherish these days, they go so quickly dont forget to take lots of pics too. Maggiexx

5. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

[quote author=Emma link=topic=3138.msg34499#msg34499 date=1383934921]
    Thanks everyone... Been a bit of a baptism of fire
    [/quote]

They are hard work - but it gets better. Pup gets used to the routine, and you get used to less worrying and more enjoying! Must feel like having another kid right now though!

6. Emma

Emma Registered Users

Thanks for the morale boost guys :) yes I have been giving rice and chicken today and he does seem too be getting better thankfully. I am relaxing now eating ice cream and watching tv with him sleeping on my feet so a moment to cherish! I will hopefully achieve some housework over the weekend when hubby is home...plus I can make him clear up after the puppy for a change! It does feel like another baby but on the plus side I have avoided 9 months of being pregnant which is never a walk in the park!