Hi from Scotland

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Lippy, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Small world indeed! (Although my mum always said Moniaive was the centre of the universe, everyone seems to know it.)

I think auto-correct has mangled your message a bit.... "my family had and is living"? but I think you are saying someone in your family lives in Moniaive? If so, do you know the row of cottages in front of the church at Kirkland of Glencairn, just two miles east of Moniaive? That's us!

2. Lippy

Lippy Registered Users

Hi,
    Yes noticed after posted . My aunt Jessie Hastings had shop in moniave for years. Also my gr8 grandmother and granny had bakery there years ago and a shop in Penpont. My uncle lives in Ayr street
    Gill

3. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Eeeeekkkk! Mrs Hastings! I spent so many pennies in that shop. Used to go and by Lindt Milka chocolate bars as a very very special treat.

My grandparents were John and Hilda McCall (he was the blacksmith at Kirkland). My mum was born at Kirkland and then moved back there after she retired, she was Helen McCall Pitt-Watson. Give your uncle my love and see if he remembers my mum!

Small world on this forum. A couple of years ago we found a member in South Africa was my OH's cousin....!