Hi, new from Greater Manchester!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Simone, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Simone

Simone Registered Users

Hi

Just joined thought I'd say a quick hello. Not a new dog owner but new to Labs! I live with my partner and our children. We have all been talking about a new addition for about 8 months but I've not wanted to rush as not long since moved house so wanted to settle first and make sure we decided on what breed we were going to eventually settle on.

My partner proposed to me a couple of weeks ago which was so lovely and he told me to be patient for my next surprise.. which appeared today as an amazing beautiful ball of chocolate fluff.. to be honest I hadn't even considered it to be a pup as we have been so busy last few weeks it's not been spoken about. So super shocked.

I wasn't prepared at all, but he had everything ready that we needed for the new addition.

My 3 year old son has insisted we have to call him Zuma (From Paw Patrol.. who is also a chocolate lab :D lol)

He seems to be settling in ok today, had one accident in the house and has been for a wee outside twice.. he's pretty much slept most of the day though.

Fingers crossed we dont have a too bad first night tonight!

I'm totally in love and just want to keep squishing him haha

I'm not sure how to post photos I will try figure it out now!

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Ah, how lovely! Welcome to the forum from me, Willow and Shadow, who are just over two years of age, and my own little bundle of chocolate fluff, Luna, who is eight and a half weeks :)

Simone likes this.
  3. PawPrints

PawPrints Registered Users

Hello and welcome! You have lots of exciting things going on.

Simone likes this.
  4. Simone

Simone Registered Users

Thankyou!

Heres a few photos.. he really has just slept all day so no awake pictures at the min lol

20161223_163307-907x1612.jpg Screenshot_20161223-182038-576x1024.png 20161223_142530-1612x907.jpg 20161223_145508-1612x907.jpg

Attached Files:

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Haha, just like most of the pictures I have of Luna :D

Simone likes this.
  6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Lucky you! Missing all the 'how many sleeps NOW!' waiting for a new pup! :D

snowbunny and Simone like this.
  7. Simone

Simone Registered Users

Aww they are so cute aren't they. Zuma is the same age 8 and half weeks. I'm sure he will be causing chaos in no time lol

I'm pregnant and he seems to love sleeping on my bump with baby kicking away :D

20161223_183251-583x1036.jpg 20161223_183316-1134x2016.jpg

Cath, samandmole, snowbunny and 3 others like this.
  8. Simone

Simone Registered Users

Haha I know! It's been a while since I've had a pup aswel but as I'm pregnant I'm up loads in the night anyway so guess I'll be OK with night trips to the toilet :rolleyes:

9. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Oh wow!
    How gorgeous is he?

And what a fab man you have.
    Although.....you are going to have a lot on your plate! I love the pic of him resting his head on "bump".
    Congratulations several times over :clap:

And a VERY warm welcome to the forum!

10. Simone

Simone Registered Users

Thankyou!

I will be very busy but we have horses aswel so are a very active family anyway. Our last dog wad a Dalmatian so thinking (Hoping!) a lab isn't going to be too much different. It's just been a while as I've not been ready until now to get another, it's been almost 2 years. So a bit rusty on the puppy bit but will soon settle into it I'm sure!

Beanwood and drjs@5 like this.
  11. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

He looks like a real darling - and a smashing colour, and looks like he has dark eyes already. That's lovely in a Choccie. I love the good looking Choccie boys!

Simone likes this.
  12. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Have you read Pippa's "The Happy Puppy Handbook"? If not, it really is essential reading - even if you have had a dog before, it really helps!

Simone likes this.
  13. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to you from Mags, Tatze and Mollie :hi:

Tatze is my pet dog, a black Lab three years old. Mollie is my fourth Guide Dog puppy, a black Lab and she's twelve weeks old.

Simone likes this.
  14. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Welcome to the forum from Hattie 9 years and our rescue boy Charlie 6 years. Congratulations on Zuma and what a lovely man you have, I wouldn't mind a surprise like that, I mean a puppy not another baby, 4 was quite enough!!! :D Good luck with everything :)xx

Simone, Naya and drjs@5 like this.
  15. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi and welcome from me and 3 year old girl, Harley in Bristol. She's my first ever dog and is amazing (in my eyes anyway)
    Congratulations on the pup and the upcoming baby. You will definately have your hands full but sound prepared for it all. I keeping hoping my OH will get me another pup!!

Simone likes this.
  16. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Congratulations on your new puppy Zuma, your new house, your engagement and your pending arrival! My! What a few months you've had :)

Simone likes this.
  17. Simone

Simone Registered Users

It does sound like so much has happened this year when it's all put down like that! It has been a very eventful year.

Zuma is an attempt to cheer me up a bit I think from my OH and to take my mind off things.. my dad has recently become poorly and has been placed in a nursing home after I was struggling to care for him myself, so I've been quite low and feeling very alone trying to deal with his unexpected illness on my own. My OH thinks I need a friend and I'm sure Zuma will live up to that!

He's just had his last wee outside before I go to sleep for a couple hours.. he seems fairly content in his crate so see how tonight goes! 20161223_200242-1134x2016.jpg

samandmole likes this.