Hitting my breaking point... again

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by deadandchocolatey, Feb 15, 2017.

1. deadandchocolatey

deadandchocolatey Registered Users

Thank you everyone for such kind replies. I'm amazed daily by how supportive this community is!

I'm trying my best to just persevere though each day and hope it gets easier (it's all I can do, really). Stampy was overexcited by the lawn mowers today, even after they left he was struggling to settle. He barked more than ever when I was trying to make myself breakfast (perhaps he could sense I was getting increasingly agitated), so I decided to go and eat alone in my room instead of near him. I'd just had enough, you know? He kept barking for a while, but eventually quietened, so I'm having a little "I'm so overwhelmed" cry to myself... and it's not really helping that I was later told, once Stampy was asleep, that "there was no reason to ignore his barking, especially since he doesn't bark that much, you're being too unfair on him". A bit disheartening, seeing as when I was there, Stampy was excited, and when I ignored the barking, he just fell asleep!

Hoping things get "better" soon, either Stampy starts calming down and needing a little less attention, or I start calming down and panicking a little less!

FinnOfSoCal likes this.
  2. FinnOfSoCal

FinnOfSoCal Registered Users

I'm having a down day today. I'm coming down with a cold, and it's got me really tired and not feeling great. I just want to relax. Yet Finn was up in my face constantly biting on my clothes and jumping on the furniture. I had to take him to the park for a hike again even though I'm feeling under the weather with a headache and runny nose. We have rain in the forecast coming up this weekend and I must just send him to daycare for those days since I'm sick.

So sorry you're having a cry today. I was about to collapse into tears again myself.

PS I really like the name Stampy :)

deadandchocolatey likes this.
  3. deadandchocolatey

deadandchocolatey Registered Users

You poor thing :( It's good that you have the option of daycare. I hope you recover quickly! Sending my love :heart:

And thank you! The name was my little sister's idea. There's a minecraft youtuber she just adores called Stampy and the rest of us thought it was the perfect puppy name!

4. FinnOfSoCal

FinnOfSoCal Registered Users

Yep. Daycare today. I slept in an extra 2 hours while he was in the kitchen after his morning walk and feed. He was a biting tornado when I woke up. Meanwhile Southern California is getting a 20 year storm. I may take him back again tomorrow so I can kick this cold and let this weather pass.