holidays

Discussion in 'Dog Friendly Places & Recommendations' started by sussex, Jan 15, 2015.

1. sussex

sussex Registered Users

someone has asked me if i might find a cottage or similar for two people and 4 wolfhounds to go straight out onto woods forest beach anything where they dont have to drive to let the dogs run free and not lots of farm animals live in sussex so would like to be no more then 3hours to get there

2. sussex

sussex Registered Users

Re: holidays

i know most people on here have labs but just hoped someone moght have some ideas

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I don't think it's so much about type of dog...it's just I honestly can't think of any holiday places that are so isolated as to let dogs run free right out of the cottage door. Within a 3 hour drive of Sussex...it's quite a crowded place, England, so seems a tall order. Maybe try national trust holiday cottages in Scotland if they are willing to travel further?

4. Maggie68

Maggie68 Registered Users

How about somewhere in the New Forest ? I am in Sussex too, that was the nearest place that came to mind. On the site pets pyjamas, there is a special holiday section, that might have something also. Maggie x

5. sussex

sussex Registered Users

thanks will look at that new forest would be ideal but as you say not easy to find anything do you live anywhere near chichester

6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Probably a bit far (Pembrokeshire) but did you see my Little Dumpdale Farm thread.
    They seem to love dogs there. They have a whole pack themselves.

7. sussex

sussex Registered Users

yes that does look good but too far i think as they are thinking short break due to work of one of the people thanks

8. sussex

sussex Registered Users

just home from my favourite holiday at luckyard farm the owners are lovely and our dog was allowed anywhere even in the barn where the ewes were lambing she was alittle nrevous of sheep at first but they are used to dogs we have spent lots of time with the lambs and ewes feeding and helping lots to do look forward to going back

9. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

10. Boogie

11. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

[quote author=Boogie link=topic=9516.msg151030#msg151030 date=1426948852]
    Hoseasons are a good source of doggy friendly cottages.

We have just booked this one for a week in May - on Lindisfarne by the beach :)

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/cottages/haven-cottage-e4342?adult=2

[/quote]

Look forward to hearing about the holiday and how good Lindisfarne is for dogs

12. Boogie

[quote author=MaccieD link=topic=9516.msg151039#msg151039 date=1426951561]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have heard that Northumberland generally is really dog friendly ;D

I'm just hoping Gypsy is still with us, as I've been told she may go to Big School early ??? I'd love her to have a beachy holiday before she leaves.

13. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

[quote author=Boogie link=topic=9516.msg151040#msg151040 date=1426951734]
    [quote author=MaccieD link=topic=9516.msg151039#msg151039 date=1426951561]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have heard that Northumberland generally is really dog friendly ;D

I'm just hoping Gypsy is still with us, as I've been told she may go to Big School early ??? I'd love her to have a beachy holiday before she leaves.

[/quote]

Had a couple of holidays in Northumberland as a kid (a few years ago then....) but without a dog. I do remember getting burnt in the sand dunes and large wide sandy beaches so hop it's the same now as it was then.
    Fingers crossed that Gypsy is still with you for a wonderful holiday before big school starts.