How did you choose your puppies name?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Darben1976, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Darben1976

Darben1976 Registered Users

That's unusual not heard of Duggan but I like it. It is harder than I thought thinking of a name and I'm sure even hard when I get the puppy. Hopefully when j see him/her it will come to me like you say! Then I'll have to argue it out with the kids! Lol

2. Darben1976

That's great, I like Drift and good story how you came to name him. Rourke is a great choice too

Stacia likes this.
  3. Darben1976

My parent vetoed my choices as a child hence I'm pleased I get to name one now though I'll have to argue it out with the kids. Lol

4. Darben1976

I've never heard of the name Kiba - I like it though and certainly sounds like he suits his name! Lol

5. Darben1976

Bailey is our current top name for a chocolate lab. It was one of my favourite drinks before my pancreas disease - lol yes definitely better than vodka!

Samantha Jones likes this.
  6. Darben1976

I love Tatze and was wondering where the name originated from so thanks for telling me the story. Great choice

7. Darben1976

That's really interesting I was wondering if the guide dog puppies you got were named when they came to you.

8. Darben1976

Hehe I think there's lots of alcohol related dog names out there

9. Darben1976

Haha that sounds about right husbands choice rejected! Maddie is top of our list and that's in a Disney programme too (Liv and Maddie) so my daughter is pleased

jessieboo likes this.
  10. Darben1976

Some great names, Holly is definitely very appropriate - not sure when getting my pup yet but if it's around Xmas I might have to think of some Xmas names

11. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

We spent just over a week with an un-named puppy - we could not agree but wanted a human name. We had long lists and we ruled out most. I really wanted Maci and Molly was a big contender. Quinn was never cut from the list and OH finally agreed because Pat Quinn was a hockey coach for the Toronto Maple Leafs and I like Irish names. Quinn is currently a very popular female baby name around here!

12. Darben1976

I'd like 2 syllable too it sounds better I think when calling out. I love Dexter and Jaspar - think Jaspar is on my list (that many now I can't even remember)

13. Darben1976

Haha that's hilarious

14. Darben1976

Oh what a beautiful story - that's lovely you named your dog after your mom xx

15. Darben1976

Judy is great I'm definitely fan of 2 syllables too

16. Darben1976

17. Darben1976

I love Quin but a girl at school I disliked had that surname so it's out but it's a great name

18. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Hello,sorry about having to get stents every three months....ouch! Why wouldn't they say YES???? Whatever the surgery is, dont forget your immune system will be weakened from it and you will be tired....maybe even exhausted....and a puppy is a LOT OF WORK.....Mine is now 2-1/2 but until 1 year old he was doing what all pups do...biting,chewing, jumping on people...you name it...he was doing it. I decided this year to have both my knees replaced.....I am ONLY 40 years older than you!!!! Pains me to even say that....ha, ha.....I don't feel 79 but my knees did! Anyway, I had both done three months apart and it has taken many months (am not there yet) to get to be 100%.....so bear that in mind. It will probably take you a long time to recover even though you are very young. Good luck with getting the surgery done.
    Will be thinking of you. Please keep us posted.

19. Darben1976

Hi yes good point it would be a major surgery so I think I'd have to plan it so I'm at least 2 months into recovery as it would be a lot of work. I was thinking a few weeks after I'm home but you're right I should wait longer as I think I'll be off work minimum of 4 months. Thanks I'll definitely let everyone know when I have firmer plans I can't wait to get a little furry friend :)

20. Kelsey Danielle

Kelsey Danielle Registered Users

We named our little guy Titan. He's a black lab, 8 weeks old :) We chose Titan because my boyfriend wanted something from Greek Mythology (he actually wanted Atlas, but I didn't love it) and that was the only one we could agree on! We had a list of 3 names ready before we brought him home, so when we met him Titan just seemed to fit the best. Our other names were either Cole or Jax.