How far along is my lab?

Discussion in 'Labrador Breeding & Genetics' started by Kevin Smith, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade

Jade Registered Users

Wow. They're all beautiful. You even got all three colors. The mommy looks happy. Congratulations...

2. Edp

Edp Registered Users

What a content looking family. Just lovely. Hope they are all thriving . Thanks for posting

3. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Oh bless her. She looks like a natural mum! You definitely got more than you bargained for, I hope all the puppies are doing well and you manage to find them good homes :)

4. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Registered Users

Thank y’all she’s licking them a good bit like she’s suppose to but every hour or so she’s growling at them.. she has snapped a couple of times....

5. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Hi Kevin, and welcome to the forum. It seems that you have been sold an already pregnant dog without even knowing that she had been mated. You must feel very tricked.

As you can imagine, it is much better for a female dog and her puppies if she receives proper antenatal care during her pregnancy. And much better for puppies and puppy buyers if the pups are planned and their parents have been fully health tested before the mating took place.

However, you've obviously got to make the best of it now. It's important to make sure your girl is properly fed and cared for while she is feeding her growing brood. Unless you have someone experienced to help (and even if you do) I recommend you buy a copy of an excellent book called The Book Of The Bitch. I hope your puppies thrive and that you are ready for a the crazy time that kicks in once the puppies reach around three weeks or so. :) You'll need to make sure an adult is around to clean up after them very regularly and to think about how you are going to find them all homes.

I'm going to lock this thread for a while now while the admins chat about how it fits in with our rules. But good luck with your beautiful pups and don't hesitate to contact your vet if the mother or pups seem at all unwell.

Edp likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.