How many times per day does your dog poo?

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Xena Dog Princess, May 23, 2017.

1. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

I've been wondering about this for months, but I've finally decided to give in to my curiosity and ask!

Xena's a mega pooper. Ever since she was a wee pup she's pooped 4 times per day. I thought it'd go down when she switched to 3 meals per day, and then again when she switched to 2 meals. But nope, she's nothing if not consistent. If I'm "lucky" she'll go 3 times, but 4 is the average.

So, forum friends, how regular is your dog? :D :dogpoo:

MF likes this.
  2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Doug 3times a day. Moo 3 to 4 .Rory used to be once a day now he does twice as his colitis is ok at the moment.Rory is a strange pooper though

3. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

I think Stanley's usually about 3. One on a morning, one after breakfast and one on a night. Occasionally an afternoon one as well.

WHY DO I KNOW THIS o_O:D

MF and snowbunny like this.
  4. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

HaHa !

Depends with Cassie on whats gone in really, but mostly twice I'd say. Sometimes only once, but sometimes more if there has been some independent foraging going on ;)

5. Xena Dog Princess

Ok, so 4 isn't completely mega then? It just seems like so many poos :confused: When she had an iffy tummy after the "cat biscuits" debacle the other week she only pooped once over 24 hours - I was really worried, WHERE HAVE ALL THE POOS GONE?!

snowbunny likes this.
  6. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Brogan twice a day - he was an easy one! But he could also easily go 20 hours without doing anything if I let him have a lie in and didn't drag him out for a morning walk.

Recently with Toby/Alf my little foster dude, it was also twice but mega amounts - more than Brogan who weighed 3x more! The mysteries of being a Bodeguero.

Now, aren't you glad you asked? :D

selina27 likes this.
  7. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Tatze does two both in the morning, soon after she gets up.

Mollie does two in the morning and one at tea time, one at 7am, one at eight am and one at 5pm.

Both are regular as clockwork :)

8. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

All of mine generally just do two a day. Luna's first night, I lost count, but I'm pretty sure it was seven poos. Seven, good-sized, firm ones. In one night. Man alive.

9. 20180815

20180815 Guest

2-3, usually 2. They're on Orijen now so they're eating physically less food.

10. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Twice a day, once on morning walk, once on afternoon walk. My German Pointers used to go four times a day!

11. Snowy

Snowy Registered Users

10 weeks. 4 poos a day

12. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

2 or 3 poos each. :) if they are out on a walk though, they tend to squeeze one out :)

13. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Sky - once/twice a day, Red - 3 times a day. Glad I am not the only one who is a bit poo obsessed (Although to be fair I have only been like this since Red had all her digestive problems).

14. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Ella poos twice. Once in the morning and once in the evening.

I find it hilarious that we all know!!! :rofl::poop:

15. Xena Dog Princess

Xena's on Orijen too, and has been since 16-odd weeks. I did hope that the change in food might help, but all it did was make the poops slightly smaller, not lower their frequency!

16. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Love this topic. Usually 3. Sometimes only 2. Sometimes 4 (probably after a mega training session with lots of treats).

chrisc831 likes this.
  17. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sam, twice a day , Nell up to five !

18. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh good another poo thread:poop: :D Charlie twice a day and sometimes only once, Hattie 3 or 4 :) x

MF likes this.
  19. MF

MF Registered Users

I know when Snowie needs a poo cos he gets a bulge in the hairy area below his anus - I guess where his bowels are. A normal person wouldn't notice. But of course I do! :D

He goes twice on his morning walk after breakfast. Once at around 2.30pm if someone takes him on an outing. And once on his evening walk after dinner, or twice if he didn't go out at midday. He sometimes poos in the garden, either after breakfast, or after dinner. And sometimes he wakes me up at 1.30am for a poo if his evening walk wasn't at the correct poo time, or if we weren't able to take him for his evening walk.

He - and we - rely on his walks to prompt the pooing. It's a real pain being woken in the night cos he now decides he's ready for a poo, so we are fairly consistent with his walk times.

Jes72 likes this.
  20. Chococheer

Chococheer Registered Users

My boy is 2 or 3 times a day (from at least 3 occasionally 4). I've cut back his food a little recently.

I take careful note of the colour, size, and consistency of his poos. This would be an embarrassing admission were it not for the equally obsessive dog people on this forum ;)

edzbird, Jes72, Snowy and 2 others like this.