how much does your dog weigh?

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by stace84, Jan 10, 2016.

1. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I always though Obi looked a bit taller and heavier (not fatter, a bit more substance) than Charlie! Photos can be misleading, because isn't Obi actually a couple of kgs lighter than Charlie now?

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Yes, I think Obi a bit lighter now (although we haven't weighed him for a few months). Maybe Obi has a smaller brain than Charlie, hehe. Sorry, Obi, just joking.

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sam weighs 38 kilos. but carries very little fat , he is tall and leggy from working stock .

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Watch it, Rachael, the Lambies will get you.....:D:D:D

Charlie put on a clear 2kgs between being 1 year old (he was super slim then as he was due to have an op) and now, at nearly 3...

5. Jes72

Jes72 Registered Users

Homer is now 32kg at 31/3 years old. He was 30 at a year, then filled out with muscle on his shoulders and rump. He's fairly tall and long and athletic. When he runs and stretches out you can definitely see his ribs and muscle definition. I can feel a blanket thickness over his ribs as he's curled up next to me. There are some photos on the Facebook page.

6. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Both mine are tall, male Labs and weigh round about 30kg each.

7. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

LOL, there was a stage around one year old where I needed to make Oban's collar bigger, twice. My conclusion was similar. He was growing larger in his head and neck but not gaining weight. Obviously his brain was not keeping pace, I'm sure sometimes I could hear it rattling around in there. ;)

8. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Doug very big and tall weights 34 kgs Midge is tiny and weighs 23 kg and Rory is in between and weighs just under 30kg (he is long in the back and looks really skinny).

9. Owleeii

Owleeii Registered Users

My Mr. Wilson weighed in at the vet this week at 78lbs, or 35.4kg and he stands about 36 inches tall at the top of his head. He's my big love bug

[​IMG]

10. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

11. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

I can announce that Molly is 27.5 kilos.

She had her annual check up today. The Vet said that weight is just a rough guide, she was in good shape because he could easily feel her ribs.

He might have been a bit biased though, you should have seen the poor fat dog that waddled out of the surgery before us.

12. Owleeii

Owleeii Registered Users

13. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Ah-ha! I just want to point out that here is a slim working line bitch, weighing only 0.5kg less than slim show line Obi, and 2kgs less than slim show line Charlie. And you'd expect 1 - 2kgs weight difference between a bitch and a dog anyway...

I think this is typical - if show line labs are standard height, and slim, there isn't such a huge difference between working and show...particularly as working line dogs tend to be taller.

If you have a show line dog, don't expect that they should be heavyweights!

14. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I hear this quite a lot. It's clearly not the case with ours, but both Willow and Shadow are markedly taller than both their parents. I wonder what makes these ones so much shorter than the working "norm" :D

15. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

How tall are they?

16. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I can't find my fabric tape measure so I had to use a metal tape which Shadow was a bit unsure of, so not easy to measure by myself, but I measured him at 52cm, so about 20 inches. I'll try again later with an assistant. There's not much between the two dogs, height-wise.