How often do you bath your dogs????

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by jeandecker76, Oct 5, 2020.

1. jeandecker76

jeandecker76 Registered Users

Hello everyone! I want to know how many times in a month do you wash your dogs and do you use shampoo?

2. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Never !

Joy likes this.
  3. J.D

J.D Registered Users

Also never. He swims and walks in the rain( lovely soft coat after the weekend’s downpours)
    Bedding and collar get washed regularly and he doesn’t roll so no need.

Edp likes this.
  4. Emma W

Emma W Registered Users

I don't give her a full bath all that often, but if her belly is caked in mud or she's been wallowing in dirty water, I'll wash her off. This happens most days. But she's already soaked and I'm just rinsing her belly and legs with plain warm water. I only get the shampoo out if she needs a full, lovely bath (every month or so), so if she's swum/lain down in something I don't want to share with her lol

She likes to cuddle up with us on sofas and things and rinsing her off most days is so fast and efficient, then she can come straight in and crack on with her napping/plating. If she's been at the beach or at the local dog swimming event, I'll wash sand/salt/chlorine off her fully with shampoo. I'd prefer not to leave that on her skin. It really depends :) Why do you ask?

Roseann Piazza likes this.
  5. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

Almost never. If our Dogs are muddy they get toweled off. She (they) swims when they can, but get baths only if they got into something really bad. Every other year would be typical, but they never smell doggy, and always look shiny. Cooper does not really like being brushed, but we have gotten her to accept it.

6. Tarwheel

Tarwheel Registered Users

We only bathe our Lab when she rolls or digs in stuff and gets dirty or smelly. Fortunately, she loves to swim and that keeps her clean most of the time. When we towel her off after swimming, she’s fresh and clean. Swimming doesn’t remove the natural oils in fur like shampoo does.

7. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

Rarely. I usually do them a couple of times in the summer when it's hot, but that's mainly to cool them off. If they have any scratches from a hard day's work in winter, they get a warm bath so that I can clean scratches etc.

8. Samantha Sirimane

Samantha Sirimane Registered Users

Rolo is seven months now, and apart from being in his paddle pool and out in the rain ( with supervision), he hasn't had a bath yet. He doesn't smell and seems to like the periodic natural baths. My other half want's him to have one, but I'm with most on here.... leave it if you can (unless he rolls in something dirty, doesn't get a 'natural' bath etc.). I still haven't had a need to hose him down yet, but am sure that will come, but I will ensure baths with shampoo etc. is at a minimum when it comes to Rolo, if at all.