How often should I bath my pup?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Trishad3397, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: How often should I bath my pup?

Poppy,you little monkey!
    The worst ride home ever was Dexters pick up from the airport....now that stank!10 hours in a box poor little love...I know we wouldn't have him if he he hadn't arrived like that but I look back now and think how did we do that?
    That was his first and only bath with us.....he gets his feet hosed down every morning when we get in from our walk ( sand mites big problem here )he used to not mind.....he doesn't like it now and I can't pinpoint why?change of weather?hes a wimp? ;D
    Other than that he's had 3 'salon' baths when he's been in to get his claws clipped....although now we are doing more hard surface walking his claws seem to be kept in check naturally.
    Trishad3397....he's 14 months now
    Glad you enjoyed your first walk with Scout x

2. MadMudMob

MadMudMob Registered Users

Re: How often should I bath my pup?

DexiD4DivaDog has never had a bath (in eighteen months) but swims in clear water at least once a month.

I do rub tomato ketchup into any smelly bit like fox/badger poo then sponge off with clean water = just like new. It was a tip from my showing days with GWPs and I've always kept a sachet or two in a handy spot ever since.