Howdy Folks.......

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by daveh, Sep 7, 2013.

1. daveh

daveh Registered Users

I'm Dave and am new, I broke with tradition and came here for my first post, experience on motorcycle forums you see.
    Up until a month or so ago my family and I included Milo, a chocolate lab of somewhere around 8 years old but to our horror
    he developed a tumor in his tummy and we could not put him through more pain, so we said goodbye.
    We found him at the local RSPCA, he had been well loved and trained and had to leave where he was due to unlooked for circumstances
    which was a boon for us.
    He became a member of our family very quickly and his loss shattered us all,
    for myself I am still expecting to see his tail wagging when I arrive home from work or the dojo.
    In fact, if he were still here he would be nudjing my elbow now to tell me I;d spent enough time on the computer and we should be off walking.

So we have grieved and are ready to make the next step last weekend my wife and daughter went to see two young brothers, Baxter and Biscuit and they decided they are for us, I get to meet them later today as I was working last Sunday.
    They are still to young to come home with us which works out ok as we have a holiday in a few weeks.
    So what have we got ourselves into I wonder, as I said Milo was already trained, our new boys not so,
    which is how Liz found this place and here I am.
    I have been reading and digesting articles from the main site and now I will spend some time reading around here,
    asking questions as they occur.

I've attached some photos, I hope, of Milo and Ruby, and of the new guys, Baxter, the choco with my wife Liz, and Biscuit with the parents owners, hopefully get some more shots later.
    There is a note saying the pics need to be mod approved so there may be an m/t space down the bottom for a while, you can imagine howw good looking we all are till they arrive. ;)
    Dave

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

Re: Howdy Folks.......

hello david, how sad, :(
    i imagine you are so excited to get your new puppies :)
    welcome form me and jasper black lab 8 month, cant wait to see the photos :)

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum.
    So sad to hear about Milo, but he sounds like he brought great joy to you and your family.
    My girl is a black lab, aged 3 past in May, and she is our first dog.
    The pups look like little bundles of chubby dogginess!
    I suspect your life is going to be quite hectic for a while - I wish you luck :)
    There are loads of folk on here with plenty of experience that I am sure will help with your questions as they arise, and LOADS of info both on the main website and on the forum.
    Great to have you on here (get the mens numbers up a bit too LOL) ;D

4. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

So sorry to read about Milo, he was obviously a happy, lovely dog!

You're braver than me taking on two puppies at the same time :D they look absolutely adorable!

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Hello Dave and a warm welcome from me, my two year old Sam and rescue Millie :)
    I am so sorry for your loss , Milo obviously meant the world to you and your family , but am glad that you have taken steps now to bring another two into your lives , wow two ;D ;D

6. Charlie_2013

Charlie_2013 Registered Users

Hi Dave & welcome to the forum.

Very sad news about Milo, I went through a similar situation myself so I kinda know how you felt!

So 2 new pups on the way.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Having just got Charlie a couple of weeks ago all i can say is FANTATSTIC ;D You will have so much fun as
    I'm having. Yes it's hard work, yes the lack of sleep kills ya...but hey i promise you won't stop smiling & laughing at their antics. Words can't express just how good it is.

The clock is ticking & they will soon be with you...i wish you all the best & happiness with your new pups...keep us updated ;)

7. Puppypal

Puppypal Registered Users

Hello and welcome dave :)

I am annabelle and i have 2 dogs, barley our first dog who is a 5 year old Pyrenean cross who is a rescue, and our latest edition is Puzzle a 13 week old fox red labrador puppy

8. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Welcome from Poppy and me. This is a great, friendly forum, and lots of people are on here with new and older puppies, as well as fully grown dogs, all willing to help with advice and support. Very sad to hear about Milo, but how lovely that you will have new family members soon.

I'd be interested to hear why you decided to take on two puppies? I expect you know the issues around getting two puppies at the same time, and that many breeders and trainers advise against it, unless you are a very experienced dog owner. We do have one member on the forum who has taken on two puppies, but she hasnt been on here much lately, probably as she is so busy! :) But she would be a good person to hear from, as she would have a lot of advice for you regarding bringing up two puppies at the same time.

9. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Hi Dave,

Milo sounded a much loved boy,he must be very missed by you and your family.Good luck with your puppies.i have Dexter a yellow boy 11 months old
    Best wishes
    Angela

10. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

So sad about your beautiful boy, Milo :(

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new pups :) They'll bring new life to your house :)

11. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Hi Dave, and welcome to the forum :D

12. daveh

daveh Registered Users

Thanks everyone for the welcome, Milo is missed by all of us.
    We actually thought that having two would be easier for the puppies as they grow up.
    There will be times during the day when nobody is home and they can keep each other company.
    That was the logic, anyway the decision is made, we will have to rise to the challenge.
    Dave