Howdy from me & Rosie

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Rosevett, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Rosevett

Rosevett Registered Users

Hey everyone. I'm looking forward to making myself at home.in the forum. We live in the Finger Lakes Region of New York. Rosie is not my first dog nor Lab but she is my first puppy (egad) and she came to me with a few bad habits.

She also is being raised with my grandbaby of the same age. We are very excited and happy about our growing family.

2. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Welcome from me, Wispa (6) and Tuppence (4). How old is Rosie? That sounds quite a challenge, a puppy and a grandbaby of the same age!

3. Rosevett

Thanks for the welcome and yes they are a handful both being 5 months old. She really is a good dog some major projects/training we need to tackle is - leash walking, crate training(for a resting place not just lock up), leave it, recall & stay and manners when greeting others (she jumps and play bites)

We are her rehome from the in laws, she's been with us less then a month and already has been responsive to training and noticeable improvement on her greetings(with us), recall & leave it.

Leash walking I think I need lessons on to teach her proper. I'm looking forward to the tidbits I'll be picking up here.

More details of our story is in my profile.

Granca likes this.
  4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Welcome from me and Lilly!
    I think you will find that the furbaby is quicker to train than the grandbaby :D
    Sounds like you are doing well though, good on you for rescuing her from your in-laws (no offense)

5. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Welcome from me and four-year-old Pongo in south Wales! We drove through Finger Lakes on holiday several years ago, very beautiful. Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures with your youngsters!

6. Rosevett

No offense she's actually very excited that I was able to the her and keep her family. They have a bunch of rescue animals as it is including two little doggies.

drjs@5 likes this.
  7. Rosevett

@drjs@5 - No offense she's actually very excited that I was able to take Rosie and keep her family. They have a bunch of rescue animals as it is including two little doggies.

@Rosie small.world, I have a friend out your way that I intend to visit someday soon.

Rosie likes this.
  8. Master Bowie

Master Bowie Registered Users

Hello from Australia from me and Bowie, my (almost) 2 year old lab!
    I bet the pup and your grandbaby are keeping you busy!
    I still remember when we got Bowie as an 8 week old pup and how our life has changed - for the better and the worse ;)
    We had our ups and downs (with Bowie's long history with injuries and vets) but I wouldn't trade him for anything!! :inlove:

9. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello and welcome from Fred, Annie and me in the UK.

10. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome from Holly and me in Wales. I hope that you and Rosie have a long and happy life together.

OH and I spent a fortnight driving from Boston to Niagara. We loved your area - so beautiful and full of friendly people.

11. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hello and welcome from Poppy, Merlin and me in Germany! Hope you have been keeping warm during this recent cold spell!