I’ve decided I’m a one-dog person

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Joy, Nov 2, 2017.

1. charlie

charlie Registered Users

:nod: xx

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I LOVE having two dogs, although of course it is more work. But they are so funny together, and such different characters; I get such enjoyment out of both of them.

I wouldnt mind having three, but OH would leave me...

3. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

A trainer I know has 7 Labradors and is looking to introduce no.8 next year :)

4. Karen

Karen Registered Users

The breeder I got Merlin from has six labradors of her own, and a whippet too!

5. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

My colleague doesn't breed but does work them all and often has dogs staying for training to add to the confusion :)

6. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I once saw a man with about 7 Labs and they had all run off in different directions, he whistled and they were immediately back with him, appearing out of bushes, most impressive! He looked like a gundog person.

7. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Up until relatively recently , we had five dogs but we did live on our farm in France with masses of land , they were Labrador Tess , rescue GSD Ben , ancient terrier Toby and two rescued JRT pups . It was mayhem at times but wonderful fun , I certainly couldn't do it again at my age ! However , I love having two , but whatever happens in the future , we wont be having any more x

lucky_dog and Granca like this.
  8. Granca

Granca Registered Users

There are times when I wish I only had one now, too, although we had three for some while and it was fine. I wouldn't be without my two, but it's more difficult (and potentially more expensive) to arrange cover for a whole day without the dogs. As we probably all do, I find myself arranging life around the dogs, rather than the dogs around my life... and I really mustn't be tempted by those lovely photos posted by @SilverFalcon!

9. Emily

Emily Registered Users

There's no way I could do two dogs. I find Nathan and Ella more than enough work for us!

10. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

:eek: Good Grief! But what a lovely household :)

11. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I love Looking after friends dogs and having the odd foster dog, but I think I am a 1 dog person., especially as Harley can be reactive with some dogs.

12. Cath

Cath Registered Users

I have done 3 dogs. When my niece use to go on holidays, her dog Gazza a big yellow Lab use to come to me for his holidays.
    I loved it, but then it was only for 2 weeks.

13. Joy

Joy Registered Users

[​IMG]

Here’s Whiskey. I was starting to feel really confident today. I had him off lead and he was recalling and even checking in voluntarily for a treat. Then we met someone going in the opposite direction with a dog and Whiskey just followed them ( they didn’t stop) and I had to tear after him to get him back!

Molly is so funny when we have Whiskey with us. She ignores him and pesters me to play -a bit like a jealous toddler. She’s not at all bothered about me giving him food but wants all my attention!

14. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Aw Whiskey is a lovely looking boy :) xx

Joy likes this.