I can't believe he ate the whole thing...

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Lisa, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

....seriously. The whole container of kibble....specially formulated dental kibble, which I had bought at the vet's to give as treats, to help clean teeth. I put it in a ceramic container on the counter...didn't think he could smell it in there.

Apparently I was wrong. Went out for 15 minutes, came back. Container broken. Empty. Totally. He must have ate 6 cups of the stuff? Just hoping he didn't eat any of the broken pottery along with the kibble.... :(

At least it's a good quality dog food...and his teeth will be nice and clean :p.....but holy smokes.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek:

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Re: I can't believe he ate the whole thing...

Charlie says Simba is surfing champ! Respect..... ;D ;D ;D

3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Oh lordy..... Does he look like he's swallowed a beach ball? ;D

4. debsie

debsie Registered Users

Oh Simba...brodick also sends a high five paw of respect....

5. ClareJ

ClareJ Registered Users

So Simba is feeling a little thirsty right now, huh? But will he learn??!

Clare

6. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

what a guy :)

7. Puppypal

Puppypal Registered Users

And barley says well done simba, he has never had the courage to eat the biscuits by the back door, even though he knows they are in there and are within his reach, he has never tried to eat them, well apart from the time that someone left it on the floor and he helped himself of course as it was asking to be eaten

8. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Wow… so he made up for being such a good boy at the vets, then, huh? ::)

9. David

David Registered Users

Lady says "Deep respect". Hope he doesn't explode!

10. julia

julia Registered Users

Wow, it might be something to do with the name. My last dog was called Simba. He ate absolutely anything and everything. One day we were sitting at the table having tea and Simba was in his bed as usual when we were eating, then suddenly he was sick and up came a goalie glove my son had lost some weeks previously. Another time my daughter decided to kick his football, again in the kitchen but she's not a good footballer so the ball hit the clock on the wall which fell to the floor and the clock went one way and the batter another. Simba found the battery and promptly ate it, I rushed him to the vets who administered soda crystals to make him sick but they didn't work so he said I had to walk him for the next few days on the lead and investigate what came out the other end and retrieve it and bring it to the vet to check it wasn't punctured. As instructed I did as I was told and came across the battery, I cleaned it up and fortunately the vet said it was still intact. His 'eating' habits did nearly kill him however, he was being sick one day so I starved him the next day and put him on a light diet the next as suggested by the vet but he was sick again the next day and this went on for a week, starving one day feeding chicken and rice the next then sick the next so I took him to the vets again. He suggested that the only way he could find out what was happening in there apart from xrays that showed nothing he could do an exploratory operation. He did this and found that he had something in his stomach and something in his gut and the two pieces of whatever it was were connected by a thin cord of some sort which was acting like a cheese wire on his gut. The vet said that left any longer it would have killed him. Thank goodness he was fine after that and I kept an eye on him and made sure there was nothing he could eat left lying about. We never did identify the object in his gut but suspect it might have been one of those flares the army use on exercises, the parachute bit has cords attached. Anyway good luck with your Simba and just make sure there is nothing within his reach. A friend of mine stopped her dog from stealing things from the counter top by leaving a chilli sandwich on there, bit drastic but it worked, mind you he'd stolen a whole cooked leg of lamb ready for lunch that provoked this drastic measure.

11. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

[quote author=Karen link=topic=3472.msg38209#msg38209 date=1385723462]
    Wow… so he made up for being such a good boy at the vets, then, huh? ::)
    [/quote]

Pretty much....

[quote author=ClareJ link=topic=3472.msg38166#msg38166 date=1385711841]
    So Simba is feeling a little thirsty right now, huh? But will he learn??!

Clare
    [/quote]

I couldn't keep the water dish filled, for sure!! I think the only thing he's learning is that when People go out, Dog will find something nummy to eat in kitchen. Honestly, it's not that I don't SCOUR the kitchen looking for possible edible items....but somehow he finds something every time.... :(

12. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Julia........I have chuckled and chuckled,what a dog,what a personality!
    The Simba we all know has definately picked up the baton.....you have got to leave your iPad running one day Lisa and film what he gets up to...would love to have seen the whole lead up to that event ....starting from the second you left him! X

13. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

I know!!! He stands and watches us leave through the window, then I'm sure it's off to the kitchen for a good old rummage and surf.....should leave the Beach Boys playing as appropriate background music for him ::)....

14. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

[quote author=Lisa link=topic=3472.msg38251#msg38251 date=1385737315]
    ..should leave the Beach Boys playing as appropriate background music for him ::)....
    [/quote]

Ha Ha Lisa - just as well you have a sense of humour ;)

15. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Oops, I bet he looked at you after all sweet and innocent?? ::) I think their noses are so good they can scent food no matter how hard you try and cover it ;)