I very rarely lose my temper but ......

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, May 28, 2013.

1. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

Re: I very rarely lose my temper but ......

david, my god i hope and pray that i will never ever have to go though your experience :(

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: I very rarely lose my temper but ......

That story about Bones is dreadful. Made me feel quite upset. Poor, lovely boy :(

Well, I'll add my own horror experience which was an attack on my Nicolae when he was a year old. We were at an off-lead park and a bull-mastiff type breed marched up to my boy and, with no preliminaries whatsoever, grabbed him by the throat and shook. My boy was 35kg, but he got shaken like a doll. The owner ran over and kicked his dog till it let go. The entire time Nicolae was screaming and so was I (forever after I felt bad for being so useless though). My boy ended up with two displaced vertebrae in his neck (the x-ray of his neck was a mess) and a ruptured disc and neck pain for the rest of his life. The vet said it was a miracle that he survived. A day I will always regret happening.

Dog on dog attacks are taken very seriously here. Even dog attacks on any other animal. We had a Stafford run into our yard one day (gate momentarily open after driving car through) and it attacked our ducks. We reported it and had a government dog control officer round (actually two officers) within 15 minutes. The owner was charged for her dog's behaviour and she was charged for trespassing (because she refused to leave our property when told in no uncertain terms to go. I really lost my temper with that women, LOL).

Despite all these awful stories, serious attacks are very rare.