Is it just so or his behaviour

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Lamkade, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Lamkade

Lamkade Registered Users

hi, i got femal lab not its 4 month now. He used to poop a lot 14 times at night after giving medicine it reduce to 1 -2 time at mid night. Ar early morning i take him out he just sniff for hour n come back home with his work done and after few minutes he poop in house, walk on his poo sleep on poo. I try to train but his attention is always on food then my word so i give up. Seems like his mind is full of food nothing else

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that you are having a few problems.

What kind of food are you feeding your dog and how much? Have you seen the vet about this problem?

3. Lamkade

Lamkade Registered Users

Thanks for warm welcome,
    Currently I'm feeding her drools and sometime rice too.
    As I said before the she used poo soo many time after medication it reduce but looks like she developed habit of it. It's totally impossible to take her outside at mid nite. Biggest horrible part is she walks over it, everywhere poo n wee sometime u find her sleeping on it because of that my family member doesn't want to touch her

I'm not sure there is proper vet at my place where they examine properly here vet only sell medicine

4. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Hi Lamkade ,

Welcome to the Forum.
    I don't understand 'drools'? Your dog needs a good quality dog food appropriate for its age and I completely understand you might live in a part of the world where that's not easy to come by.My advice is to research to find a proper Vet ,this might involve great commitment but it's important to seek it out,she sounds like she needs a good check over and a vet could advise you on the feeding.
    She is very young and just not toilet trained yet.It sounds like her living situation has stopped her instinctive behaviour to not dirty her sleeping space ,but dogs this age need a lot of help with this.Regular trips outside .....important times being after sleeping ,20 mins after eating and for now I would say at least every 30 mins to an hour around those. it's also important to do a last toilet before bedtime.I know all our circumstances are different and please don't think me harshnbut it's hard for me to picture 'impossible' when it comes to this? If indeed it is impossible ,you could try to use Puppy pads or if not available newspapers to encourage her to toilet in one particular area that is a distance away from her sleeping area.
    I live in the Middle East and face a few challenges with availability of products and services but with a little research I have found my way with my dog.Please talk to your neighbours and friends with dogs,they may be able to advice you on decent vet care.
    Best of luck