Jake was sick

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by PaulaG, Nov 14, 2015.

1. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Charlie + kong wobbler = I worry he'd knock the house down eventually! It's an outside toy here too.....

2. PaulaG

PaulaG Registered Users

Boogie What size of buster cube do you use? I was looking at them last night, wasn't sure to get a small one as he's a puppy, or if he's manage with the bigger one.

I've just been to P@H and bought two different styles of the slow bowls, they had money off them :)

3. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Good to hear that Jake is better this morning

4. PaulaG

PaulaG Registered Users

Oh well, just tried one of the Slo Bowls, but Jake couldn't seem to figure it out. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kyjen-Intera...=slow+dog+bowl

We have the flower design one to try as well, I didn't read the link properly, so didn't know you could get them in a smaller size, I wonder if that would have been better.

5. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

I wouldn't worry too much as the idea is to make them work out how to get the food out, not just slow them down. I would think that having the larger size might him help get the food out as he is still small. I know when I switched Juno to her anti-bolt bowl she struggled to get the last bits of kibble out and would sit and look at us to help, which my OH did a few times, but being a wicked mum I just ignored her and she soon discovered how to get the last bits.

6. PaulaG

PaulaG Registered Users

Yeah, maybe I was just being a bit soft, he just sat and looked at me after a bit, all he seemed to be doing was chasing the biscuits around the bowl. The gaps are quite narrow, I think it's only the overall bowl size that's "large".

I'll give the other one a go and see what he does :)

7. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Juno,chases the last few around her bowl and keeps moving around the bowl to try and get them, she even gives a huff occasionally, but she always gets the vey last bit in the end :D

8. Emily

Emily Registered Users

We have the flower design slo bowl for Ella and it definitely took her a while to be able to get to all of the food without our help. We used to have to get the last couple of bits of kibble out for her, then she worked out a way to move the bowl and get the kibble to move into a spot that she could reach and now she can eat it from any spot quite easily

9. PaulaG

PaulaG Registered Users

The flower one was definitely better, he's managed to get all but one, it took him ages, he just kept going around in circles, it made me feel dizzy :)

We let Misty try the Drop design one, and she basically threw a hissy, she was digging at it, barking at it, she couldn't seem to get the food out either, it's very high and shallow, so we've shelved that one just now :cool:

10. PaulaG

PaulaG Registered Users

Meant to ask, is it the big one or the small one you have for Ella?

11. Emily

Emily Registered Users

PaulaG we bought the big one and used if from when Ella was about 10 weeks. For the first couple of weeks she'd sit and look at us until we tipped the last couple of kibble out but the number left at the end decreased so quickly over a week or two and she's been fine since ☺

12. PaulaG

PaulaG Registered Users

Emily Thanks, I was thinking about ordering the small but I'll stick it out :)