jaspers first swim

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by lynnelogan, Apr 14, 2013.

1. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

took jasper for a walk in the woods with my 5 year old grandson,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: jaspers first swim

Oh what lovely photos , they are just perfect :) Sam was very scared of water after falling in our pond when he was tiny but he does plough in now , just love to see them doing what they love so much :)

3. lynnelogan

he loved the water, hes a real pleasure, its been a journey as i have never had a dog before, slowly getting there, he is 4 month on the 18th, :)

4. lynnelogan

hahahaha so funny i have just noticed the clicker in my grandsons hand :)

5. kateincornwall

Just smiling at Jaspers big feet ;D ;D Sam had huge feet too and has grown into a very big boy indeed , your Jasper is very pretty and your grandson is a lovely looking boy too . I have a five year old grandson Silas ( one of 16 grandchildren :eek: ) he lives near to us and his best friend in all the world is Sam , just love to see children with a Lab :)

6. lynnelogan

every one comments on the size of his feet, even the vet said hes going to big one big boy, my grandsons name is logan, mum and dad both work full time, so would never be able to own a dog, my grandson says he is jaspers dad and as given him his surname, when we went to look at jasper he was 3 week old, we took logan on our weekly trips to see him, also he as been on every vet visit, i want him to see him as regular as he can,he is doing so well with him, rang him to tell him jasper had lost 2 teeth, he said have the fairys left hgim a doggy treat , how old is sam?

7. kateincornwall

He is 21 months Lynne , we adore him as we have all our dogs but he has been the easiest by far , a proper gentle giant :)

8. lynnelogan

awh sam is a beauty been on his photos, , i have always had a very bad fear of dogs, i mean very bad, decided to get a dog my self, i am brilliant on walks now, but most of the time my 23 year old son is with me, also his first dog, i have read every thing i can on how to treat and love a dog,he seems to understand every thing i am saying, the mouthing/biting as took time for him to understand that its not acceptable to bite flesh, i am with him all day over , so its been many many times of saying NO, he as not bite me in 3 days, he just looks at me to say i wont bite you :) i understand he is teething and this is why he does it, i hope jasper is a gentle giant :)

9. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

What beautiful photos. Jasper and your grandson look very happy. What a beautiful pup Jasper is. Gorgeous head :)

10. lynnelogan

thank you, us happy the sun :)it was a lovely sunny day saturday, just had jasper to the vets for a weigh in, always makes

11. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Lynne, just wanted to welcome you and the gorgeous Jasper. We are, me Helen, Hattie 5 1/2 and Charlie 2 years. Have fun. Helen x

12. lynnelogan

thank you helen, hattie and charlie, do you have any photos, i love this site :)

13. debsie

debsie Registered Users

Jasper is gorgeous, love the photos...and those feet! Brodick had enormous feet as a puppy and is enormous now! he's really long and skinny but tall too....I reckon Jasper is going to be a big lad!

14. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Lovely photos! ;D

If you are doing clicker training with Jasper how are you finding it? :)

15. lynnelogan

to be honest he dont seem to respond to the clicker, we was useing vocal and we decided to give it a try, back to vocal, we are going to puppy classes but can only get in , in may, march and april both full so we booked in for may, are you using the clicker???

16. Sersi

Sersi Registered Users

Hi, he's soooo gorgeous. Makes me think of my boy Digby, (also black) what seems like 2 minutes ago. He's nearly 8 months now and they grow and change so quickly - enjoy. :)

Digby is my first dog so I haven't a clue what I'm doing - this place is a fantastic help and support.

I use clicker training but not exclusively. I found it really helpful for sit, down and other "actions" but didn't use it for toilet training and don't tend to use it out and about. I am however a complete novice and have a tendency to fumble and have dropped it more than once ( ::) . I have also managed to click him for an unwanted behaviour more than once :-[ (I am improving with practice though).

I haven't posted a picture of Digby since he was a baby so will try and get a good one....these black dogs are a struggle to photograph well.

17. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

[quote author=lynnelogan link=topic=1408.msg9474#msg9474 date=1366021245]
    to be honest he dont seem to respond to the clicker, we was useing vocal and we decided to give it a try, back to vocal, we are going to puppy classes but can only get in , in may, march and april both full so we booked in for may, are you using the clicker???
    [/quote]

How are you using the clicker? Before I started clicker training I read a lot about the method first to understand how to use it properly. The click is just a marker of the behaviour you like and tells the dog that a reward is coming. I have had a lot of success using clicker training when working with my cocker spaniel. But it does take some practice and very good timing. :)

18. debsie

debsie Registered Users

I had discounted clickers as fiddly but started Clicker training my two recently on retreiving after Pippa recommended, its worked really well with the young boy he seems to work well to it...