Jets "Kilicranvale" Puppies!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by tullimore1976, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Just catching up with your latest photos - they are gorgeous and look full of mischief, ready to explore the world! Glad you've found some good homes and pleased to hear Jet is eating and feeling more her old self.

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

The pups look gorgeous,so shiny xxx
    It must be a little bittersweet this stage,of course they have to go to homes and you are doing a great job of organizing that but it will be hard to see them go....little Blue will,soften the blow though I guess! X

3. BeataK

BeataK Registered Users

Thank you but I must admit I had great help from few breeders to prepare all of that for what I'm really grateful :) but also as I was given such a great help I don't mind helping others.

Some people are so ..."odd" - don't stress about turning them down. After all it's only pups good future that counts.

I'm also really glad that Jet & little ones are doing good :)
    Keep adding those great pics :)

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Oh how beautiful your puppies are , heart meltingly lovely and so good to read that Jet is doing well now too

5. tullimore1976

tullimore1976 Registered Users

We had an incident with my wife and my 5 week old pups on Friday. Ive slowly been reducing the puppy milk and replacing it with water in their kibble. On Friday my wife noticed they hadnt eaten all their food so she poured full fat cows milk into their food and of course they lapped it up, she also gave Jet some and now we have puppies and mother with the runs!!!
    Its been 24 hrs now and their diarrhoea doesnt seem to be improving, neither is Jets, all pups and mum are lively and eating and drinking as normal. Some of the pups have it worse than others ranging from a brown splat to a very soft poo (sorry for being graphic). As i mentioned they are all acting as normal and are still eating their softened kibble etc. Should i keep feeding them their puppy kibble or should i also try white rice and chicken?? Ill be seeing the vet in the morning if they havent improved. (also posted in diarrhoea thread)

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

After 24 hours of diarrhea I would call the vet emergency line, at least for info.

7. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Yes, call the vet today for advice as puppies can get very ill very quickly.

8. BeataK

BeataK Registered Users

Definitely contact the vet. I'd try with over boilde rice with chicken breast instead of kibble for few days.
    You shouldn't give cows milk - goats milk is safer for them

9. tullimore1976

Pups doing so much better now, wormed and now on rice and chicken for the next few days!!

10. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Glad to hear they are a bit better

11. tullimore1976

Now that my pups are showing signs of recovery, i am looking to put them on a high quality puppy food for their last 3 weeks with us. Jollyes and Pets at Home are our local stores and i was considering Eukanuba or Wainwrights? Any recommendations?

12. tullimore1976

Another wee update and ill have a few pics to follow. All pups are now 6 weeks old!! (Where the hell has the time gone). After a wee bout of diarrhoea they are all fighting fit now and thriving once again. Its amazing watching all their little personalities develop and noticing the quieter ones and the boistrous ones.
    All pups have now been reserved and there was 3 potential owners that i have had to turn down (one person was a bit annoyed about it, but i had to explain it was in the pups interest). Our little one is now being named Stan!
    Jet is doing so much better and i am relieved to see her putting on weight and loving her walks and chasing balls and sticks, she was the dog i was most worried about during this whole process as the pups seemed to take so much out of her, Hope you enjoy the pics!

13. tullimore1976

14. tullimore1976

15. PaulaG

PaulaG Registered Users

Oh my, cuteness overload :)

They certainly look like they have recovered.

16. Joy

Joy Registered Users

They are gorgeous.

17. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

*smiles*

18. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Aw much cuteness! I'd have to have the one in the red collar - such a lovely face looking through the bars :)

19. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

They are utterly gorgeous! :)

20. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

That one is going to end up so fat! Who could resist those eyes at the dinner table?