Just a little rant

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Maddison, Oct 14, 2016.

1. b&blabs

b&blabs Registered Users

I can relate for sure! Bessie's 4 months and a week and starting to settle in certain ways - finally figured out ringing the bells to go out to pee these past few days. But she is still such a crazy nut when anyone else is around, jumping up and bopping them in the nose, peeing on the floor in excitement, climbing on their shoulders, and generally being an insane overexcited puppy! And the counter surfing attempts are relentless despite training.

But I can see glimmers of hope, and just a few days ago I was ready to throw in the towel! Thank goodness it does pass quickly, I say, and nope, I'm done with puppies for a good long while, maybe forever.

Maui48 likes this.
  2. Maui48

Maui48 Registered Users

His name is dodger. We do have a kennel. Wasn't sure to use it for discipline though.... he is kennel trained and loves it..... bummer last 2 days. Has had accident in over 5 weeks, awesome for 4 months right? Well he pooped upstairs last night before bed and this morning. So weird and such a setback....I'm thinking it's because we have all doors shut and he wants in bedrooms?

b&blabs likes this.
  3. b&blabs

b&blabs Registered Users

Did it get cold where you are suddenly? Bessie had a regression after the mornings got chilly and wet - why go out in that when you can go inside?

And yeah, for 4 months that's great. Bessie is 4 months and a week and as I mentioned, only really figured out potty training in the past few days.

If he's out and you're in bedrooms with doors shut - how can he tell you he has to go?