Just out of curiosity - how tall is your Lab?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by mummyp85, Nov 20, 2019.

1. mummyp85

mummyp85 Registered Users

I've seen lots of posts on the forums revolving around weight of puppies and adult dogs but none about how tall they can grow. Our 61/2 month Hero now weighs 24kg ( about 53 lbs). He is from very tall working lines parents and is fox red. Vets have said next 6 months weight gain will be a lot slower and he will gain height. He is currently 24.5 inches at the shoulders. I know all Labradors can be assorted heights but with his huge lion paws they think he will easily reach 30+ inches. Most fox reds that I know of are also a lot taller than labs of other colours that we know. So out of curiosity just wanted to ask heights of other labs on the forum from working lines, especially fox reds. From all the ones I know and have seen about fox reds certainly seem to have their own peculiar build or is this my imagination. I haven't yet come across a short one. So how tall is your puppy/ adult lab please

2. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

Is the lab in your picture the one you refer to as fox-red? I have a slightly darker yellow the same as yours and he is taller than my black ones, but he does have different bitch lines.
    At 6 months, he will have done most of his growing but another inch or two wouldn't be unusual.

3. leighxxxx

leighxxxx Registered Users

mines not massively tall, very tall fox red sire & dam is very short black dog, all the puppies towered over her at the 1 year reunion. He's slightly shorter than my last labs one yellow & one black from working lines. He tends to weigh around 32kgs but is very muscular. He's 16 months now didn't grow much at all from about 8 months

5labs likes this.
  4. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

Cooper is over 24" at the shoulder and even taller in the rear. She tends to stand with very straight back legs. She weighs about 80# and is very fast both running and swimming. She is definitely a field style dog.

5. mummyp85

mummyp85 Registered Users

Yep not the best photo under false light. He's actually a lot darker in true daylight. Mum and dad both very dark reds and both very very tall. Hero at 6 months is already bigger than friends chocolate and black labs that are a lot older. There's also a female fox red lives near us and at 7 months she is even taller. We met an 18 month red male on hols this year and he stood 32 at shoulders. They seem to be very big and powerful. Currently got my big lad deciding he wants to cuddle on my lap. Bit too much that is. Can't believe at 5 weeks could hold him on one hand