Just wow !

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Edp, May 25, 2014.

1. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Just wow !

[quote author=Aburns link=topic=6234.msg81830#msg81830 date=1401051293]
    This is so encouraging and amazing to hear!

I am quite afraid of trying this, mine is only 10 weeks old but I just don't see her sticking close to me I see her taking off! How do you get over the fear?
    [/quote]

Put a long line on the pup - she will behave as if it wasn't there, so then you'll know how she'll behave when off lead. That will give you the confidence to do it :)

2. Dr CEM

Dr CEM Registered Users

Wow from me 2!

3. Ems76

Ems76 Registered Users

Fab! We have been finding the same with our pup! She's 12 weeks now, and we've been venturing out of the garden and around our farm, where there are lots of new smells (and cow poo, and silage to eat!!) and noises with the tractors, cows, etc. and she's been amazing! She's so attentive and watches us all the time. We have a 1 year old and a 3 year old, so usually have lots of excitement going on around her, and she just calmly ambles along! We've been utterly impressed with her so far - Pippa's articles and book have helped us enormously!

We took her to our local garden centre where we had a wander around and even sat and had lunch! She was an angel! My husband has been taking her out on his quad bike too, so she can get used to that when he goes to put up new fences for the herd - as this will be great exercise for her when she's older - he can't believe how close she sticks to him, and she even sits and waits on the quad seat! Oh I could go on and on! Love her! So proud ;D