kidney failure

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by SwampDonkey, Nov 13, 2017.

1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Oh she's about 10 foot tall now she thinks shes just scared a cat. I swear it was bigger than her,. She barked at it once just one big woof now she thinks she's as hard a nails again. So funny. She's strutting about now. The cat just looked at her and smirked

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

She is such a character... :) Who needs interactive toys anyway, when there are cats around to bark at?

3. SwampDonkey

She barked at s cat a few weeks ago but it was not there it was a tree stump in someone's drive. She realised and covered her embarrassing error by snuffing about in a blustery way. So funny I could tell she was embarrassed just by her oh bu**er reaction.

CMartin, mandyb, drjs@5 and 6 others like this.
  4. SwampDonkey

She didn't wake me up today so I went downstairs with trepidation. No barking at all today not really a happy Moo. Struggled with breakfast but ate a little. I left her with a khong bit worried today. She was not herself and seemed tired.

5. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Perhaps she’ll perk up a bit later, once she’s had a good rest. Thinking of you.

6. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

:hug: to you and Moo.

7. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

I do hope she improves over the day :hug:.

8. SwampDonkey

Given her good brush and I can see she's lost muscle tone and some more weight. It's like medieval torture I'm loosing her by inches slowly slowly slowly. It's horrible feeling so powerless

ruth morris likes this.
  9. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

10. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I'm so sorry.

ruth morris likes this.
  11. SwampDonkey

I don't often cry about anything much but grooming her back did make me cry. I'm going to take her for a walk and she'll be a perky fresh madam and whisk her silly tail round and try to run across the field so that will help. Nothing seems to dim that cheek

CMartin, Sven, Stacia and 5 others like this.
  12. ruth morris

ruth morris Registered Users

what adog!! good luck and love to you allxxx ruth and peanut.

13. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

I understand the crying over the grooming and I'm so sorry. :hug:

You have an indomitable attitude and it must be said that Moo must get her cheek, moxie and can-do spirit from her human mama. Hope she did her best catwalk strut across the field with her perky fresh self!

drjs@5, Stacia, Granca and 1 other person like this.
  14. SwampDonkey

She was very pert and invaded the children's play area looking for sweets.:)

15. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Moo is doing extraordinarily well. It's OK to shed a tear, but she really is a remarkable old lady.

16. SwampDonkey

My friend rang me and told about an car advert in which a small black stroppy ram caused trouble and had a big attitude. She was giggling because she said it reminded her of Moo. Yep I watched it and it did:) stroppy singleminded and determined

17. SwampDonkey

I amazed myself we've been exceptionally lucky with her. It's seems to be a combination of her stubborn personality, good quick vet intervention and pure good fortune. I just enjoy them time we've been gifted as much as possible.

CMartin, Granca, MF and 8 others like this.
  18. SwampDonkey

She's going off the renal diet food in a big way and I'm having to put salmon pate on it which totally defeats the idea :) the morning is worse and I've practically given up feeding it as she can't stomach it, but tea time and supper is ok as long as a thin slice of something tasty. Weirdly she doesn't like the nice stuff so much either. Rory will eat it happily so I think it's her disease affecting her appetite. She's still a happy little devil but she is tired on a short walk now such a brave little thing. She not giving up yet but I think it's harder for her now. Her water intake is increasing again too.

19. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Bless that brave girl , I know how hard it is when we cant actually fix them and make it better . I guess all you can do is to let her do what she wants , don't fret too much about the diet at this stage , and take one day at a time , my thoughts are with you on this journey x

Karen and SwampDonkey like this.
  20. Joy

Joy Registered Users

It’s so hard when they are old, perhaps for us as much as them. It’s good to hear that every so often Moo still has ‘Moo moments’ that show her personality and that she’s still enjoying life. I tend to agree with Kate and think I’d feed her what she enjoys. My last boy lived on sausages for the last month of his life as it was the only thing he would eat at that stage.

SwampDonkey likes this.