lab pup age 10 weeks

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by jacquelina, Jun 11, 2018.

1. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Hi @jacquelina , I think this quote says it all really. There is a post on this forum somewhere from me gleefully announcing to the world that Cassie, now 2, had let me sit down and enjoy a cup of tea in the afternoon without insisting on attention :), I think she was about 5 months. You definitely start to get glimpses of the adult dog you will have.

She's such a good girl now, provided she does get her physical and mental workouts she's not demanding at all, and sleeps a lot. She seems to like it though when there is activity in the house, like cooking tea (well obviously !) but other things aswell, like just doing jobs, she likes to potter about where we are. It seems to give her some satisfaction, but when we settle down she does too.

jacquelina likes this.
  2. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

@MF, no need to feel guilty, dogs do need to switch off and sleep during the day :D

selina27, MF and jacquelina like this.
  3. 1001

1001 Registered Users

I can definitely attest to feelings of "thank the heavens" when my pup is asleep. Infact, I will openly admit I really struggled in the first few weeks (as those who have seen my puppy blues thread will know!)

He's 4 months now and, although I still enjoy the peace I get during his daytime naps, I'm no longer begging and pleading for them to come! :p

selina27 and jacquelina like this.
  4. jacquelina

jacquelina Registered Users

such a relief to know other feel or felt the same:):bone::rofl:

MF likes this.
  5. jacquelina

jacquelina Registered Users

@selina27 we had a lab age 11 so we did have some faint idea what it would be like we just kind of forgot how much work it was also we are 11 years older too haha, I know it will be worth it, a house is not a home without a lab.

selina27 and MF like this.