Lab versus dachshund

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Garry, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Garry

Garry Registered Users

Can anyone help me I have a chocolate labrador and a dashound . They get along great except when I give bath to both dogs the lab starts biting on the dashounds neck and starts fighting. What would be the best course of action?

2. Edp

Edp Registered Users

A simple solution would be don’t bath them, or the lab at least. Meg is nearly 6 and has never had a bath. Regularly bathing them strips the coat of natural oils. Can’t offer any advice about the behaviour, am sure more qualified will. Maybe it’s about them being over excited and close proximity.

3. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

Labs (most dogs) are pretty much self cleaning. Cooper gets maybe a bath a year. My Malamute only had one in his life, and he explained that it would never happen again.

If you do have to bath one or the other do them separately.

4. Garry

Garry Registered Users

I do bathe them separately

5. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

Hi Garry, If you are bathing them separately, at what point is your Lab biting your Dachshund? Can you describe the circumstances for us?

6. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

Bathtime is a time of high excitement and arousal - many dogs get the zoomies just after they've been bathed. If you find this results in excessively rough play, then just separate them until they are both dry.