Labrador Arthritis Flare Up

Discussion in 'Labrador health' started by nickcx, Dec 13, 2019.

1. nickcx

nickcx Registered Users

Hey guys..hoping for a bit of advice. I have an 8..soon to be 9 year old lab, shes been diagnosed with athritis for almost 5 years - shes been kept on joint tablets & meta cam so ease the pain & aint imflammotary. 2 days ago she was playing with her brother.and shes upset her athritis again - Being a jumpy bouncy dog i think she overdid it, and she's been struggling a bit since. I'm hoping it's just a flare-up that will be gone within a week..she can still walk..but looks like shes walking with chop sticks. So my question..what's my best course of action here? I have read different things online. Some state COMPLETE rest, while others state rest..and 5-10 minute walk around the block on a lead. What should I do? Rest completely or still walk her a little so she doesnt stiffen up? She loves her daily walks over the feild but thats out of the question right now..should I walk her the way she is? I don't want to make it worse. I have doubled up her dose of Metacam & joint supplements for now so ease some pain, just need some advice on what you would do, in my situation? Thanks very much for any help you can give ;) Nick

2. Berna

Berna Registered Users