Labrador biting, jumping and running round crazy

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by LisaR, May 8, 2019.

1. LisaR

LisaR Registered Users

Hi

I have 8 and half month old male labrador. We’re trying to get him in our sitting room and on his bed but as soon as he comes in he runs around crazy, bites your arms and hands and it only gets worse if you give him wrong. We result in locking him in our conservatory where he then continually barks. Of course we don’t want to keep him locked on his own but he’s going to end up breaking or ruining the furniture. I think it’s probably over excitement but I don’t know how to stop him.

Thanks

Lisa

2. DizzyDaisy

DizzyDaisy Registered Users

Hi Lisa
    I have a 6 month old lab Rosie. She is not allowed in our living room yet because she is still too destructive and gets into everything, and we also don't want her on the living room furniture. She spends her time in the kitchen and our finished basement. When we do occasionally attempt to allow her in the living room, it is with a leash on. She is led to her bed with a bully stick to chew, and if she doesn't settle and stay on her bed, she is put back in the kitchen. I would try only letting your pup in your sitting room if he is on leash. Once he can settle himself well enough then the leash will not be needed anymore.

Linda O'Sullivan likes this.