Labrador Puppy Barking!!!!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Markieee, Aug 29, 2014.

1. ladyrattlesUK

ladyrattlesUK Registered Users

Re: Labrador Puppy Barking!!!!

Ash hated his crate so we swopped to a pen. I think it was worth every penny as it made such a difference.

A few weeks ago I made him his own 'big boy' room as the pen I bought from Argos had an attachment to fix ends to the wall, so I made an under-stairs area into his own room. It has a bed right at the very back and I can adjust the front pen bit to any shape which is handy as I can keep him out of my computer desk area. He now happily goes in there himself for naps and in the morning we often have to wake him, rather than the other way round which has meant my husband can go for early morning runs without me having to get up and be with Ash. I think it's really nice for them to have their own special place.

I really hope the barking stops for you. Ash barks at our cat and the sound goes right through my head so dealing with it at night must be very tiring, and worrying if you have close neighbours. Keep us posted on your progress and let us know if the trainer helped.

[​IMG]Untitled by carnie.pollock, on Flickr

Carnie & Ash (4.5 months)

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: Labrador Puppy Barking!!!!

Harley had a crate from day 1 with us, but no matter how I tried to make it positive, she never settled in there. From 4.5 months old she came upstairs with us - initially on her bed (no crate) and now usually sleeps at the bottom of our bed - as soon as we done this she slept from 11pm til 8am - since 7/8 months she often sleeps til 10/11am on a weekend!
    Some dogs just don't like being confined, but it up to your family and set up as to how you proceed. Good luck :)