Labrador still sick, pls help

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Danae, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Danae

Danae Registered Users

My lab has been sick for about a month and not getting better. He's been to the vet 3x already and no answers. He has been lethargic, has terrible diarrhea, not eating and just not himself. All he does is pant, drool, yawn which is supposed to mean he's in pain or anxious. I even took video to show the vet. They said he had fever and parasites (we live right by woods, lots of deer, fox, etc.) and they gave him a shot of antibiotics, antibiotics to give him for 10 days and diarrhea meds for a week. They said they didn't need a stool sample (I don't understand why). I had called about 4 days in to say no change. His blood work showed nothing, everything was perfect so they told me to wait until he finished his meds. We found a tick (not fully embedded on his groin) 2 days ago and took him back to vet. We had a Seresto collar on him but vet told me to remove bc it killed 1,800 pets and give him bravecto which he refuses to eat! They removed tick and told me to put him on ID diet, he won't eat it. I feel like I'm still at square one. I've been cooking for him and he'll eat what I make him 1x and not again.. I don't know what to do. I am dropping of a stool sample tmr but am losing my mind. Monty was so active and playful and all he does is sleep and show signs of pain. Could this be lyme disease? He's not limping but has all the other symptoms, maybe he was bitten before and we didn't know it. Vet said we have to wait 6 weeks for blood test for lyme. Any advice would really help!!! Thank you

Saved2Serve likes this.
  2. Berna

Berna Registered Users

Did they do a full blood panel? If the puppy is so sick I wonder how the results came back normal, it should have at least shown signs of infection or dehydration. A full blood panel, stool sample and 4D Idexx I'd recommend.