Labradors Are Toppled From Their Number 1 Slot

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by pippa@labforumHQ, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Granca

Granca Registered Users

I heard a French bulldog in the vet's waiting room recently - yes, heard it before I saw it. It wasn't a hot day, yet the poor thing couldn't seem to breathe without making a horrible rasping noise. It may have looked very sweet, but who could sentence a dog to a lifetime of that? :(

2. pooch495

pooch495 Registered Users

To add to their medical problems Frenchies are well-known for thier farting. They are one of the few breeds that are naturally gassy. Changing their diet usually doesn't help either. While they are adorable, too many issues for me.

3. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

I believe Labs are still #1 in the USA, but I can't find an AKC listing beyond 2017. 1. Labs, 2. GSD, 3 Goldens, 4. French Bull Dogs.
    Personally I don't find any breed attractive, if it it doesn't look like it has a reasonable chance of surviving on its own.
    I also don't understand why people are willing to pay a lot of money for Cross Breeds. i.e. $1000 for a Lab Golden Cross. I sort of understand Labradoodles if people think they are getting a hypoallergenic Lab, but even there it often doesn't work, and most are bred by people who are just crossing two dogs, not developing a consistent breed.