Labradors frequent ear infection

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by himanshu dubey, Jun 28, 2020.

1. himanshu dubey

himanshu dubey Registered Users

My dog gets frequent ear infection , and then yellow or white pus forms inside his ear, It usually becomes good with the helpbof oral antibiotics but after few days or weeks he agin start shaking his head because of ear problem,this time again pus ia being formed inside his ear, I don't wanna give him oral antibiotics anymore, my vet suggested gentamycin ear drop but when i looked in the shop they had the gentamycin drop but the wrapper mentioned that its a eye drop, can i used this drop in his ears, and how do i stop this frequent ear problem

2. ruthie

ruthie Registered Users

is it a food allergy - for some reason these sometimes manifest as ear problems -
    Do you clean ears to prevent infection?
    A little touch of sudocrem on the outer ear flaps can reduce inflamation
    also trimmimg ear hair help ears to dry out if your dog is often swimming.
    it is a often a long term challenge!

3. J.D

J.D Registered Users

Have a look at this post.

https://thelabradorforum.com/threads/infection-in-ears.29004/

4. 4leafclover

4leafclover Registered Users

Hi there, I am having the same problem for the last 2 years with my lab. I have changed her diet several times at the advice of my vet to see if it helps. Her infections are almost exactly every 3-4 months. Her ear looks and smells more fungal, we have used 2 different types of treatment. Although she is insured it has cost me £250 over the year alongside the expense due to the trial diets. I am now contemplating having allergen testing. Has this been suggested to you?