Lawn burn

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Patman, May 2, 2021.

1. Patman

Patman Registered Users

Hi . My lawn is destroyed from dog pee .Does anyone use green um lawn burn solution, does it work and is it safe for my dog ? Thanks

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I've never heard of it I'm afraid. Things that work include following them out with a large watering can and thoroughly watering in the spot where they peed. Or setting up a pee station and taking them out on a leash to that spot every time they use the toilet for quite a long time, so that eventually they return to the same spot purely out of habit.

If the culprit is the 15 week old puppy in your other post, then the problem will improve a bit when she gets older and doesn't need to go so frequently! You'll be able to take her out for walks at fixed times and trust that she'll mostly empty her bladder then :)

3. Statto

Statto Registered Users

I just have a watering can full of rainwater from a water butt ready in the garden. Mark the spot they pee with a leaf or something and then water heavily to dilute the wee. Works a treat. Also, we've found that as our pup gets older the lawn burn has become less and less.

4. AlphaDog

AlphaDog Registered Users

the best remedy is to train your pup to go in a specific area.