Lazy or simply still learning?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by KeeperTony44, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Lazy or simply still learning?

Yes it will take a while to teach him - and you will also need a fence to keep him in the new location.

Gypsy has a small spending area in our garden, it took a couple of weeks to teach her but she'd soon wander off if there were no fence. If I leave the gate to it open by mistake she goes off into the garden to wee. The spending pen actually smells a lot, maybe because it's stone flags or maybe because it's concentrated in a small area? I have to hose it down every day.

Tatze uses the whole garden and there is no smell from her wees at all.

:)

2. KeeperTony44

KeeperTony44 Registered Users

Thank you for your feedback....i have made a note about the fencing. Hadn't quite considered this as just lately Bud hasn't strayed from his toilet area. But the garden is going to be a new world to explore and i do realise he could get very sidetracked amidst the learning so will certainly look at fencing options. :)

3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

It doesn't need to be very high - Gypsy's is about 70cm, she never tries to get over it :)

4. KeeperTony44

KeeperTony44 Registered Users

That's great, thanks. Bud doesn't seem to cope yet with heights so 70cm will be ideal. He isn't able to manage our stairs at the moment, though has mastered two before whimpering and scrambling back down (with me very close by.) :)