Learned something today about trying new chews/foods/dental sticks

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Snowy, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Registered Users

This might be of use to others, who might innocently make the same mistake we did.

Last night Nelson tried two different new things. One rawhide shoe (I now read that these are maybe not a good idea, and the pack has gone in the bin), and one dental stick chew.

Today he has diarh*****.

Lesson learned: Don't try more than one new thing per day, otherwise it makes it more difficult to work out what caused the problem.

90 minutes with gloves, newspaper, kitchen paper, plastic bags, bleach, mop and bucket have ensured this lesson is ingrained in me forever :)

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

:D

Dentastix didn't agree with my two, either. I was given them before I got my pups, and I didn't realise then how full of rubbish they are. I gave them away sharpish :D

Snowy likes this.
  3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

We have used dentastix, but if they actually help clean the teeth in the 0.75nanoseconds it takes a grown labrador to eat, then I'll eat the contents of my hoover :puke:

I might be mistaken, but I think Jumbones are far far worse. Every time I see someone buying one for their dog in a shop I have to bite my tongue not to say "do you know how much fat and calories are in that ?!? :eek:"

snowbunny likes this.
  4. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Oh yes, the Jumbones went the way of the Dentastix. The friend who took them off my hands was very grateful, as was her dog :)

5. Snowy

Snowy Registered Users

Just checked, they were Purina Dentallife. Similar thing to dentastix I guess.