Leaving her in the car overnight?

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by David, Aug 2, 2012.

1. David

David Registered Users

We're off to Cornwall in September. We go every year walking for a week and, of course, take Lady with us. We normally do the drive in one hit, but we're thinking of staying in a Premier Inn half way down. What are the thoughts on leaving the dog in the car overnight? It's a Defender with a cargo barrier, dog gate and window bars.

2. Sammie@labforumHQ

Sammie@labforumHQ Administrator Staff Member

Re: Leaving her in the car overnight?

I'd be so frightened someone would steal her! Some travel inn type places do take dogs in the rooms - my in laws have done it when visiting. Might be worth ringing around before deciding about the car?

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

I`d do what Sam suggests David , would be terrified of someone stealing the car with the dog in it , think I`d rather sleep in the car with the dogs :)

4. David

David Registered Users

Ok - I agree. Funnily enough I hadn't thought about her getting pinched! Doh! Anyway I googled a site called Pet Friendly Hotels and found a nice looking 3 star near Yeovil so we are now booked in there. Having supper in Mere on the way to the hotel. Really looking forward to Cornwall. We have a good base near Stithians and we walk the North or South coast or the Roseland Peninsular depending on the weather. Lady loves it and sleeps REALLY soundly at night. ;D Hopefully get her swimming this year too.

5. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Hope you get lots of sunshine :D