Light at the end of the tunnel

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Annamarie Gebar, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Annamarie Gebar

Annamarie Gebar Registered Users

As you can see from my numerous posts, this week I’ve been struggling with a week of puppy puking, 2 nights of diarreah, bad biting, my pup choking herself constantly, eating everything in sight, numerous pee accidents, it was a rough third week with my new pup Sophie.

tonight, for the first time, I told her leave it on numerous occasions as she went for various items in the living room and she stopped chewing. Tonight, for the first time, I sat in my chair watching tv and she didn’t bite my ankles or my shoes while she walked close to me.
    Tonight for the first time, she laid in her bed at my feet and self occupied without biting me for a solid hour (this has never happened)
    Tonight for the first time, she let me take mulch out of her mouth without struggling to run away.
    Something changed tonight...either I have more patience, or she’s slightly getting it. I’m sure it won’t last and be permanent, she needs so much more training, but I feel there’s light at the end of the tunnel! thanks to everyone who offered supportive advice to us newbies!

Aileen Buick, sarah@forumHQ and Joy like this.