Limping

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Scaus86, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Scaus86

Scaus86 Registered Users

Hi!

My little lab puppy (6 months) has started to limp on his front right leg when waking up from a sleep. It will only occur for the first few steps and then he is back to his normal walk/run/zoom :)

It has only been happening the last two days and only after he has been laying down for an extended period, not after a 5 minute sit down.

This does coincide with him jumping/leaping off a retaining wall (about 3ft tall) when playing with another dog the night before we noticed his limping. He didn't seem in pain or to injure himself when playing and its not until the day after we noticed the limp so thinking its unrelated.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas what might be wrong with the little guy? Will take him to the vet in 4 or 5 days if it continues but reaching out in the mean time to see if this sounds like the start of something more sinister.

Thanks!
    Scott

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I'd say it's quite likely to be related to the leap off the wall or else the vigorous game. Sometimes strain type injuries can take a day or so to really show an effect. I'd take him to the vet soon, rather than waiting, to get him checked out.

3. Cath

Cath Registered Users

I agree with Rachael, take your little one to the vet, that is the best place for him.
    They will be able to check him out for you.