liquid poo (don't read if you are eating!)

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by JulieT, Dec 18, 2016.

1. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Sigh....what a weekend. Friday night Charlie had liquid poo - in the bedroom! Poor boy. In a jet. Clean up job from hell.

Saturday, he still had liquid poo (not in the house, thankfully!) but seemed ok in himself - happy on walks, eating and drinking. Saturday PM he seemed to get quiet, and sleepy, and starting refusing food. The vet's were shut by then. :rolleyes:

Today, he seemed his normal self on his morning walk, bright as a button, but when I came back from walking Betsy, he was miserable. And shaking. Then vomited up his breakfast. :( Off to the emergency vets....

He performed his turbo charged jet of liquid poo trick in the vet's room. Poor boy. At least there was a real live demo for the vet. :rolleyes:

Anyway, he was deemed 'not critical' and not dehydrated. Got a shot to stop him feeling so sick, and a shot of anti-bioctics. No food tonight. I can keep him drinking ok - it's a real cheat but always works. I put a few flakes of tuna in water (they sink) and he drinks the water to get to the tuna.

Back tomorrow and we'll see how he is then.

They took bloods and have just called to say it's not caused by anything toxic which is a big relief. Just hope that if it's a bug Betsy doesn't get it...

He's asleep in front of the log burner now, with a tummy full of water. :( Poor darling.

2. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Aw poor Charlie, hope he's back to himself in no time. Hard to watch them not feeling well

JulieT likes this.
  3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Poor, poor Charlie, we wish you a speedy recovery little lamb. Sending lots of hugs from us xx00xx00

JulieT likes this.
  4. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Oh poor Charlie! Hope he feels better tomorrow, so miserable when they are ill...:(

JulieT likes this.
  5. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Poor boy :(. Hope he recovers quickly x

JulieT likes this.
  6. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Poor Charlie. Hope he starts to feel better soon.

JulieT likes this.
  7. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Oh poor Charlie. I hope he feels better soon and I really hope Betsy doesn't get it x

JulieT likes this.
  8. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Aww Charlie, hope he firms up soon...and keeps his nasty bug to himself.

9. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Thanks all. Betsy now thinks her name is 'Betsy-leave-Charlie-alone'. :rolleyes:

Poor lad. I think he's cold. That can happen if you don't have food for ages. The woodburner went out, and he got up and stared at it, and then stared at me! Honestly. It's burning again now, with his fleece blankie in front of it.

10. Debs

Debs Registered Users

Aah poor Charlie, hope he feels better soon.

JulieT likes this.
  11. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

Hope he's feeling better soon. x

JulieT likes this.
  12. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

Oh poor Charlie, a lab with only water in his tummy - he must feel sorry for himself.

JulieT likes this.
  13. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Oh, Julie, I feel for you, Charlie and the bedroom floor (carpet?)....oh, boy!!
    One does wonder how these happen all of a sudden....they are OK one minute and awfully sick the next. Clean up is the pits! But you feel so bad for the pup at the same time.
    Hope he is holding his own now and is 100% soon.

JulieT likes this.
  14. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Yes, carpet. :rolleyes: Luckily in a room I have yet to redecorate, so the carpet isn't one I care much about so I just scrubbed it with a scrubbing brush, hot water and soap, and then hot water and dettol. Room smells like a hospital now. :rolleyes: He only vomited on my good rug. :rolleyes:

Sigh...poor baby. He is sleeping still, on his fleece blankie in front of the stove. I'll have to get him up soon to take him out and check that he doesn't need another poo before bed though.

15. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I know of a few dogs in our village that have this same bug :(:( I hope Betsy doesn't get it. x

16. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Poor Charlie :( hopefully he'll be feeling brighter tomorrow.

JulieT likes this.
  17. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

So sorry to hear this.
    Just what you need at the start of your Christmas holiday.
    I really hope its just a "24hour" thing and he's back to his normal self super-quick (and that Betsy stays ok)

JulieT likes this.
  18. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

He probably has a temperature if he is shivering poor chap, hope he feels better soon and Betsy doesn't get it.

JulieT likes this.
  19. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

He's looking a bit brighter. He banged his tail to demand a tummy rub and that a human move his head away from the woodburner because it was getting too hot. So he's returning to normal. :)

His tail didn't wag this afternoon. It was massively odd. If Charlie is awake, his tail is wagging (and it often wags when he is asleep too). I can't remember the last time I saw Charlie without his tail wagging. Was very strange indeed.

20. Christoph W

Christoph W Registered Users

oh poor boy i hope he gets well soon:( just went through a giardia episode with liquid poo and all with my little one so I'm feeling your pain. Hope he'll be back to his tail wagging goofball self very very soon

JulieT likes this.