Little bald patch

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Widgeon, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Widgeon

Widgeon Registered Users

Hi, it's been a while since I posted on here but Widgeon is growing up to be a super dog.

I may eventually need to seek medical opinion but I thought I'd ask on here first as if it's 'normal' will save hassle.

About 10 days ago my wife spotted a small bald patch on the top of his left front foot. He had been 'training' in and around a pond near our house and I assumed he had caught it in the reeds or getting in or out of a pond.
    I've kept an eye on it and it seems to have got slightly larger. - it is less than a 5p, maybe a squashed pea type size?
    It's not red or sore looking, he doesn't lick or bite it and is not overly fussed by my touching it (no more that a lab likes his paws touched) I might say the skin is slightly dry looking but not much.
    He has had a patch on one elbow that's been bald since a pup.

Looking online lots of people saying about seasonal spots due to allergies, some saying about ringworm but seems ringworm is itchy and red looking?
    He is on advocate and advantix (I know they don't stop ringworm as it's a fugal infection)

Can anyone identify with this?

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hi there, nice to hear from you.

Any skin change like that I would take to the vet for a check up. Probably nothing, but worth a visit even if just for the peace of mind!

Do keep us updated - here's hoping it's nothing.

3. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Hi there,
    Great to hear from you,I'm with Karen,I actually did just that yesterday with a skin change I wanted to looking at ,quick vet check assured me all,was well x

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Its really difficult working out what skin things are without seeing and touching it. There are a whole set of special words to describe skin things.
    Could be many different causes and your vet will have the best chance of getting the diagnosis right. And treating early with the right thing if needed.

5. Lochan

Lochan Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I'd be off to your vet for a quick skin scrape to rule out demodex and ringworm if I were you. Good luck!