Little bumps on bridge of nose

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by MF, Apr 29, 2018.

1. MF

MF Registered Users

Yesterday afternoon in the sunlight I noticed Snowie’s nose looked odd. Felt his nose and he has four small bumps - 4 together on the bridge/boney part about 1.5 cm up from his fleshy nostrils part, and another on the side close to the three bumps. They feel hard and wobbly - as much as he’ll let me touch them, not keen at all on having them touched. One is higher than the rest, you can see bare skin and what looks like an extra teeny-tiny bump on the bump itself (been doing lots of close-up inspection!).

The night before he was rubbing his nose a lot. He does rub his nose at bed time - jumps on our bed and rubs his snout all over on our duvet. :rolleyes: Kind of like blowing his nose. But last night was extra. So I’m hoping this is just an insect bite. Of course it happens on a Saturday afternoon!! He’s fine otherwise, full of the joys of the world. Will take him to the vet on Monday. Of course I worry about the worst, so I’m staying away from google. I did wipe it with an antiseptic liquid from the vet and put some antihistamine cream on it. He’s not worried by it except if we want to touch it.

I’m really hoping it is a bite from our Friday evening walk. I have a bite on my leg, no idea from what. Could be mosquito, but seems bigger than a mosquito bite.

It’s just that I’ve read awful stories of cancerous lumps appearing on the muzzle overnight!!!

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Lilly has had something similar, it just settled, I assumed it was an allergic type response to whatever she had been snuffling. Lasted a few day I think. Had it a few times,

3. MF

MF Registered Users

Thanks SO much for your reassuring response. I have to confess I eventually caved in and googled it and allergy also came up. The bumps seem to have got a little worse over the course of the day. We’ll be at the vet tomorrow first thing.

drjs@5 likes this.
  4. MF

MF Registered Users

Update: been to the vet. She thinks it’s a reaction to an insect bite or prickles from a plant. Not worried it’s cancer - thankfully!!! - said cancer usually presents as a single ulcerated lump. These are small bumps. Said to clean with bio scrub or betadine and apply steroid cream three times a day to make it comfortable for Snowie until he stops worrying it - he’s been rubbing it, drew some blood. Should go away in 10 days. If not, then back to vet. At this stage she said antibiotics are overkill as a tablet or even as a cream. She made the point of saying one should not medicate unnecessarily - my kinda doc! She was happy with Snowie’s overall health and physique (slim), although took blood for his annual blood panel test. Will get the results in a few days.

5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Glad it's nothing sinister!!

MF likes this.