little daddys turn for attention

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by lynnelogan, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: little daddys turn for attention

It's great to have good communication from the medical staff :) I'm sure he's in great hands and they'll fix him up. Thank goodness for modern hospitals, eh? He'll be right as rain :)

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Poor Logan.
    Try not to worry Lynne. Kids take this kind of thing in their stride. The op will sort it out and will likely mean he gets a less restricting plaster a bit quicker ( or maybe not at all depending on the injury).
    I bet you are worried more cos you cant be there.
    Give Jasper extra hugs and look after yourself.
    I am sure both Logan and Jasper will do just fine tomorrow
    xx

3. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

to be honest jac, i have never been in a situation that i would not drop every thing to be with logan, i could if i had to , even if it meant jasper had to go to the kennels,.......logan is and always will be my world i hope one day i will have the same bond with jasper :)......i am getting there ;) with never having a dog before i can not believe that i have got to think twice about things :) its been difficult, i laugh to my self when i see ppl asking things about lab puppies , biting/ nipping / mouthing , i now realise how much i asked at one stage i thought i had an aggressive boy with all that biting, :) no disrespect to any one, none meant ;).....i still find him hard but not as hard as i did,,,,,,house work was a big issue with me , but i taught jasper that the hoover is his friend c / t , got over that bought a steam mop he is fine with that,,,,,,now we getting to the bad bit grrrr my garden, it as been a mess, what i put in action was trying to solve problems that will make life easier, with his digging in the garden , so paving stones are here now just waiting to be laid,,,,,,no dirt for him to dig, got an handy man putting an out side tap in for me tues,,,,,,these small steps all make live easier,,,,,,,,so soon enough jasper as to learn logan his is daddy,........awh its sad in this loney house, its abn happy house

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

You have overcome loads of little hurdles and survived them all admirably.
    You know youacan do it ;)
    Jasper has made you stronger :)
    I will be checking like the rest of your doggy family to see how you and the boys are later.
    Good luck, stop worrying, and hug a furkid. :)
    xx

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Thinking of all of you this morning Lynne, chin up and keep strong, you are doing so well :)

6. tartanmouse

tartanmouse Registered Users

I know Logan will be at hospital about now, sending positive vibes from this branch of his hairy family. When he's home you'll have to show him all his other doggie friends who want to know all about his adventures!

7. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Lynne, I am sure you are more worried about this than Logan, who will take this in his stride! Thinking of you and your little soldier. xx

8. lynnelogan

operation as gone well, logan opened his eyes saw mum and dad, very sleepy been on morphine.....he as had wires in his elbow,to mend the elbow, got a cast from wrist to shoulder will need another operation in a few weeks,....staying in hospital tonight mum and dad staying with him,...... :) now getting ready to take jasper for his consultation,........thank you all for your concern :) much appreciated

9. Oberon

Excellent news that things went well with Logan :D

Hope all goes well for Jasper today too. We're all thinking of you all :)

10. charlie

charlie Registered Users

So glad Logan is ok but how awful he has to have another operation. Good luck to Jasper too, let us know. Helen x

11. kateincornwall

So pleased all has gone well Lynne, shame about needing another operation though, poor soldier . Thinking of you and Master Jasper this afternoon x

12. lynnelogan

helen i think the second operation is to remove the wires from his elbow,........next appointment 22 nd, may be he will get his wish of a red cast ready for the man u game......poor love

13. lynnelogan

my brave little boy sat up smiling eating toast :)
    [​IMG]

14. kateincornwall

Oh Lynne, what a smashing photo, bless him being brave :)

15. Oberon

Looks like he is in good spirits :)

16. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

He's a lovely lad.
    I agree his second op will be to remove the K wires once the healing has started.
    You must be very proud of him - he looks like he is coping really well.
    {{hugs}} from us lot xx

17. lynnelogan

thank you all :) i have spoke to logan on the phone , he as been brilliant, mum staying with him tonight in hospital, didn't want mamma there as she knew i would be to upset then she would get upset and we don't want logan to be upset :) feel much better tonight knowing he is in good hands , ;D first thing he said when he came round was can i have some thing to eat please :)....................took jasper for his consultation can not add to what we had already been told by my vets other than he is going for c/t scan next friday appointment at 8 30 will be left with them all day, :( to continue with the anti inflammatory medicine ,will get the results the following tuesday, :)
    he said we will wait for the results of the scan and take it from there,......to continue with the 15 min lead walks :) boisterous when being examined but other than that he was fine :)

18. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Well sounds like all is under control for now. So glad Logan is in good spirits - he'll get lots of love and treats, just like Jasper ;D!!

Put your feet up and have a nice cuppa, Lynne, all is well for now so try to keep a positive outlook on it all!! :)

19. lynnelogan

logan is in very good spirit :) both got loads of treats, opened a nice bottle of dry white :)

20. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Lynne I'm late checking in,glad it's gone ok today,Logan is gonna mend just great ....let us know how the Jasper boy's examination goes tommoroow Nnite xxx