Living with other dogs

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Anya, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Anya

Anya Registered Users

Hey guys, so I nearly got myself homeless because I couldn't find a place to live where pets are allowed. I had to put my stuff in storage and have moved into a house where two dogs already live but are left on their own all day. I felt sorry for them. They had already met as we use the same dog boarder and we met on neutral ground before going to the house. I moved in yesterday and things are very unsettled as I am unpacking. But the dogs seem fine with each other and are following me everywhere I go. The other two are around 5-6 years old, mixed breeds and mine is a 15 month old lab. Aside from the fact I rescued him at 5 months, he has only stayed with me. There was one incident when they were in the garden where there was resource guarding so now I feed them separate. But a couple of times there was a bit of aggression with my dog when he was sitting beside me on the sofa. Was he protecting me? Or is this invasion of personal space? I will have to live with these dogs until I have found a place to live. This is a great learning curve for all of us but I want to prevent these incidents from happening again. What are your thoughts on this guys? I do apologise if I have posted in the wrong thread. A little bit of advise would be great. Thank you