Lola attacked by several dogs now I can't stop cryng

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by LovelyLittleLola, Mar 28, 2014.

1. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Re: Lola attacked by several dogs now I can't stop cryng

My OH doesn't care about the collars - mind, I'm not sure he notices, really. He moans about the number of toys Charlie has though. I have to smuggle new ones in.

2. ClareJ

ClareJ Registered Users

[quote author=JulieT link=topic=5119.msg67938#msg67938 date=1397391329]
    My OH doesn't care about the collars - mind, I'm not sure he notices, really. [/quote]

Get a purple collar... and let us know how many days it takes for him to notice. ;)
    Clare

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

My OH's dog had one collar for its entire life (or so he says)

You can't blame me that things don't last these days.

I agree purple is good.
    This is my very favourite colour (at the moment) and we have one of these collars
    [​IMG]

4. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Oh Riley would look good in one of those purple collars :) people might think he's a girl though....maybe a bright green?

5. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Or maybe Gulf racing colours.....always loved the cars maybe it would suit the dog....mmmmmm

6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I'm struggling for a purple, extra wide, clip fastening, personalised (hate tags), collar...

7. Teena Ann

Teena Ann Registered Users

Cooper mostly gets lead walk but he always want to lunge nd meet other stray dogs for play which i don allow because they are aggresive and growl today i was taken by surprise i let him off lead while sending off my guests he was with me the whole time until he met a stray dog and he went right at him the stray dog bein fearful and aggressive ran off while my boy came back to me luckily unharmed or so i thought and ran off behind another one i thought tat was the last time im ever gonna see him luckily the other dog jus allowed Coop to sniff him nd walked away while i had to drag him back home he scared the hell out of me tdy :-[ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( wat does this mean pls explain i feel its due to his sex hormones and planning to get him catastrated bcoz he is interested in sniffing other dogs butts is he bein aggressive or excited

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Teena, I think the whole sniffing business is mostly a way that dogs "meet and greet" each other. I think it is fairly normal, unless you specifically train your dog to be glued to your side. Sounds like Cooper did pretty well to be at your side most of the time and came back when you needed.

We regularly meet a castrated Boxer in our woods, who incidentally has a purple harness same colour as Lilly's collar, and he is CONSTANTLY sniffing and licking Lilly's tail end (to the point of annoyance!) and Lilly too has been spayed.
    I don't think spaying/castrating necessarily changes this behaviour.

Julie, I have ordered one of these collar tags for Lilly from indigocollartags in the hope it will last longer than others - to get all the info needed I have usually had 2 tags (I like the jingle!) but none I have had so far have stayed visible for as long as I would like. It hasn't arrived yet, but hoping it will make it into the best buy section :D

9. charlie

charlie Registered Users

[quote author=drjs@5 link=topic=5119.msg68004#msg68004 date=1397416266]

Julie, I have ordered one of these collar tags for Lilly from indigocollartags in the hope it will last longer than others - to get all the info needed I have usually had 2 tags (I like the jingle!) but none I have had so far have stayed visible for as long as I would like. It hasn't arrived yet, but hoping it will make it into the best buy section :D
    [/quote]

Jac, I bought normal large round tags that are deep engraved and stay visible for £5.50 from Identitags and I get all the information plus a special message on the back. Will those ones stay on Lilly's collar? :-\

10. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

We are on our 3rd set of tags at the moment - because we have 2 tags I think the friction wears them out quicker. That and possibly that I don't take the tags off when I pop the collar in to wash - although this is only ever every couple of months in the machine to be honest.
    I usually have a spare with my SIL's details for holidays - I am sure I have had an identi-tag one before :-\ but will try them again when I need a spare.
    I wondered if the plastic one would be any better though my brain suggests not.
    Going to test out the flat collar tag anyway - the testimonials are very positive and logic suggests they should be good because there is no rubbing.