Lovely Chocolate Charlie

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Dexter, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Re: Lovely Chocolate Charlie

Just read this Julie - what a horrible shock for you!! and how awful to have to wait until 19 May :( Glad Charlie is feeling better again, and wishing you lots of strength for the next few weeks.

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Poor lad, he really has gone through the mill , a long wait for you Julie but he is in the best hands .

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

So sorry this has happened, the 19th will soon be here :( x

4. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Glad it was nothing more serious. Hope the next 19 days go as smoothly as is possible.

5. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Been away and trying to catch up a bit on here. How is Charlie doing? Hope he is still comfortable. Not too long to wait now .

6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Thanks for asking. :)

He is doing ok - climbing the walls a bit the last couple of days, as he feels the restrictions. I'm trying to do what I can to spend time with him and give him things to do of course, but yesterday was a bit tough. Today is better as I have a bit more time so can take him for extra outings and things like that. He was doing fantastically well walking on lead (it's tough being a mad choccie, busting for a run, on lead all the time), and he still is doing relatively well (compared to last time), but deteriorating a bit. This is important because the better he is on lead the more interesting places we can go to without him going nuts. It's easier on me and maintains control to ask him to walk at heel, but if I do that all the time he gets little mental stimulation and allowing him to sniff on a loose lead is more interesting for him, but that's actually harder to do without him deciding to turn into a pulling steam engine. We're managing though.

In terms of being comfortable, he is fine. He doesn't need painkillers at all. So that's good. :)

7. Granca

Granca Registered Users

[quote author=JulieT link=topic=4619.msg161824#msg161824 date=1431086757]

In terms of being comfortable, he is fine. He doesn't need painkillers at all. So that's good. :)
    [/quote]

That's good news.

Perhaps he'll settle down a bit on the lead over familiar routes. Mine definitely know the difference between the normal plodding local lead walks and those on less familiar territory. There are times when I wonder if I've ever done any training when we go to a new, exciting place. :)