Lulu 6 month update

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Oatley, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Oatley

Oatley Registered Users

Hope you’re all well.

A few days following my last update at 5 months, we decided to de-crate Lulu completely and she’s had full access to the house and allowed to sleep wherever she pleases which tends to be in our bedroom.

The transition has been seamless and we’ve only had one incident whereby she did a wee upstairs in the morning around 7am, this was our fault for not reading her signs which are extremely subtle. She’s not very vocal and has only barked a handful of times, never gives an indication if she needs to go out and we also have a bell for the garden door.

She’s left alone for around 1-2 hours daily at present and is an angel around the house.

Her relationship with the kids is brilliant, we always supervise her with the youngest.

She now weighs 19.5 kilos (43lbs) and with most labs, has an insatiable appetite. She’s been on raw for a few months with good results. In terms of snacks, we give her rabbit ears, yak chews, pizzle’s, beef tendons,
    split antlers.

Her training is coming along really well and doing off lead work most days now.

All her adult teeth are now in. We clean her teeth every few days and brush her every other day which does help with the hair. These tasks used to be chores before, whereas now she is very obedient and obliges us.

How far she has come along is unbelievable.

Our long term plan is to let her have two seasons before we do keyhole spaying.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

sarah@forumHQ likes this.
  2. Julesuk

Julesuk Registered Users

She sounds like she is doing so well :) Ours is nearly 7 months at much better at home now, must calmer. She is still bonkers with people and other dogs especially. She just loves everyone so much! We are hoping that calms over time. The jumping is still a problem but better than it was!!
    We have enrolled her in Some gun dog classes as she needs to use her brain so hopefully this will help settle the excitedness

3. Oatley

Oatley Registered Users

She is thanks and I’m very surprised :) likewise with yours, she seems to be coming along and I’m curious to know how she does with gun dog classes.

This forum is a great place for support and positivity.

Lulu is getting there with other dogs now, she still runs off occasionally, more often than not now, she waits for the command.

I don’t trust all the dogs around the area so a bit mindful of who she runs up to.

Like yours, she wants to be everyone’s friend and won’t leave our side in the house. I’m sure she would love a brother or sister. Food for thought maybe next year.

4. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Another lovely update! I enjoy them so much :) (although you put me to shame with how diligently you do toothbrushing!)