Luna has landed!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by snowbunny, Dec 21, 2016.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Work? Work? Noooo, she's no work at all! :D

Hehe, she's actually a little love, it's just normal puppy stuff and logistics with the two others. I'll be glad when tomorrow is over and I don't have to worry about feeling guilty about not fitting in much work.

Granca likes this.
  2. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

I saw this today and couldn't resist (I now am officially one of those crazy dog ladies who buys stuff for a dog she doesn't have yet). I know you said you had Puppia harnesses for Willow and Shadow when they were puppies - maybe you need a Bavarian one for Luna? Let me know and I'll smuggle one to you in Spain. ;)

Screenshot 2016-12-22 14.19.37.png

drjs@5, Samantha Jones, Lisa and 4 others like this.
  3. snowbunny

Hahaha, look at that! What size is it? Labrador or Rottie? ;)

4. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Awww, what a gorgeous little bruiser she is :inlove:

5. Cath

Cath Registered Users

She is beautiful, what more can I say :inlove:

6. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Good question ;)

I, too, buy soooo many things for the pups - and these pups come with absolutely everything they'll ever need!

7. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

It's kind of neither, actually. It's a large, so the lady in the store thought it would go to 30kg, but when I took it out of the package it looks like it would probably work only up to a 4-6 month old Lab. But that's ok, I was thinking of it as "baby wear".

Glad I'm not alone! To be honest, I've got a whole box right now that is filling up with "next puppy stuff". :D

drjs@5 likes this.
  8. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

Oh my goodness, been working and missed the Luna landing!! She's gorgeous :inlove:

snowbunny likes this.
  9. snowbunny

Granca, Emily_BabbelHund and MF like this.
  10. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

:inlove:She is so lovely!!

11. MF

MF Registered Users

Loved the video - a real cutie. So... that dog bed, was it comfy?!

12. Cath

Cath Registered Users

How did Luna sleep last night? Has she got any teddies to cuddle up to?

13. snowbunny

It is remarkably comfy! I've slept on it before, when I was last here and taken with a bug. Snuggled up next to the radiator, it was lovely :)

Last night wasn't too bad. She had a very busy day, visiting with my parents, meeting their dog (grabbing hold of her tail...) and she sparked out very early. I took her out at about 11pm for last toilet and then popped her back to bed. She slept through (as did I) to 3:30am and then started squeaking. I was worried about the neighbours (they banged on the wall!!) so, when she came up for breath, I came into the living room and settled down on the dog bed again. After an hour, I slipped back to bed and she slept through until 7am. Good enough for me!
    The neighbour has just been round with her kids to meet Luna. I apologised for the noise, and she was lovely about it. She said she woke up banging on the wall, not realising she was doing it! :D

She has a lambie that she loves, a Green & Wilds ball on a rope, a blanket and a cushion toy that a neighbour gave her. They all get various amounts of love and abuse. Oh, and she decided to drag some newspaper in to the crate last night, too, for a spot of nighttime reading. :D

14. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Well she is a bright girl :chuckle: I think she did really well, she is only very young. She will be sleeping through before you know it.

15. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

You must be exhausted Fiona! Glad everything is good with the neighbours! How are W&S taking to her? Lots for them to absorb and get familiar with :)

16. PuppyJake

PuppyJake Registered Users

She's utterly gorgeous. I've loved reading your blog and I really want to see some pictures of all three together but understand that might be a bit mental at the moment!

17. snowbunny

I'm not actually exhausted at all! I'm a bit of an insomniac, so used to not getting much sleep. The biggest thing I'm remembering is how long it takes to get anything done! It's half past twelve and I've not done anything yet! :D

OK, that's a lie, I've taken Willow to the vet (Luna came for the ride), then dropped Luna off with "Grandma and Grandpa" and taken W&S for a training walk. But it doesn't seem like anything compared to what I'd normally have done by now. If it carries on like this, I might have to get someone in to walk W&S for me for a couple of weeks - there just aren't enough hours in the day!

W&S aren't over the moon, to say the least. I'm keeping them apart for now. When Luna shouts, they get really upset and will growl at her. I've had them both out in the garden with her, one on one and, when Luna is calm, that's fine, but if she's going mental, they look uncomfortable. I've had Luna on the sofa on my lap and Shadow cuddling up to me on the other side, and that was fine, but I'm just being super cautious and doing no more than a couple of minutes at a time.

Meanwhile, Shadow met a Labradoodle puppy the other day when out walking and had a whale of a time with her and Willow has actually been really sociable with other dogs, too. So I think once Luna is a bit bigger, they'll be absolutely fine with her.

SwampDonkey and drjs@5 like this.
  18. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Charlie was horrified by Betsy's arrival! Absolutely horrified. He got over it.

19. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Drift was dreadfully upset when the puppy cried and in the end we had to get some sedative for him from the vet, the vet suggested it! He was then fine.

20. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

When Bramble was tiny, Casper hated her crying. He got quite upset. He used to let her cuddle him, and would curl up with her. That only lasted a week or so, then he started to ignore her. Benson was quite content with Bramble, and from day one would let her play with him. As she settled though it became more important to give the older guys time out from the ratbag! :)

Casper and Bramble... she had been with us for a few days...

Benson and Bramble..day 3

MF, drjs@5 and Kelsey&Axel like this.