Luna in season and diarrhea

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by nicky, Dec 4, 2016.

1. nicky

nicky Registered Users

Hi all.

Luna has come into her first season - it's a week and a half in, and so far she's been a bit clingy, but mostly bouncy and still herself.

Yesterday however, she became very lethargic and extra clingy - always wanting to sleep on or next to me. Today she's had diarrhea and hasn't wanted to play all morning.

Is this just part of her going into season? I'm going to make an assumption that her body temperature is raised at the moment because of her being in season, so could that be what's causing some diarrhea?

Would be great to hear what other owners have experienced. Thanks :)

Nicky

2. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Registered Users

only had experience of three seasons - none of mine had diarrhea during them

nicky likes this.
  3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Harley was a bit clingy, but nothing else. Is she drinking and eating ok? If she is lethargic I would call the vet and ask for advice.

nicky likes this.
  4. nicky

nicky Registered Users

Thanks both - appreciate the feedback.

I did think she could be sick, but was hoping it was because she was in season. Poor Luna seems to get a bad stomach every six weeks at the moment which is making it a touch expensive!

Thanks again. Any advice for poorly puppy stomachs is now welcome! I will call the vet again in the morning.

5. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

nicky likes this.
  6. nicky

nicky Registered Users

Ooo - thanks @JulieT ! I'll order some and give it a go. Available on Prime too so I have it tomorrow. Very helpful.

:) Nicky

JulieT and Naya like this.